cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

After Settlement, Cost not transfer from one WBS to another WBS in customer project

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Experts,

I am trying to settle cost from one WBS (i.e. XYZ-000014-1) to another WBS (i.e. XYZ-00001)in customer project.

Its a revenue type of project.

I have added 4 internal activities in an network under one WBS (i.e. XYZ-000014-1).

Got actual values after confirming activities, then settle that network cost on WBS (i.e. XYZ-000014-1)  through CJ88.

Now while trying to settle that cost from WBS (i.e. XYZ-000014-1) to WBS (i.e. XYZ-00001) through CJ88, system not showing any result.

Kindly give ur valuable inputs.

Regards,

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Narender,

Please can you check if a RA key has been maintained in the Billing WBS element.

In case you are not using RA functionality, but the RA key is present, the settlement would not get executed. You will have to remove the RA key and execute settlement.

Thanks

Sejo

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Saurabh & Amit,

Please have enclosed file for CJ88.

Also m checking settlement profile and related data but not getting any conflict here...

Regards,

Narender Kumar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I believe that WBS element NTD-0001469-3 is a sender in your case. But who would be the receiver. ? Of course it would be another WBS as you have mentioned earlier.? But what about settlement rule?

Not sure how you have designed your settlement rule in this case.?

Regards,

Amit Rajoria

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear,

Please have snap shot of settlement profile ..

Regards,

Narender

Former Member
0 Kudos

I hv tried to settle cost through KB11N, but getting error of cost element.

so not able to use that option too.

pls confirm that as per standard functionality of sap, system is allowing to transfer cost (primary & secondary both) from one wbs to another wbs or not ???

I m sure its a standard behavior of sap to allow transferring cost wbs to wbs.

Regards,

Narender

former_member195427
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Narendra,

Te screen shot of CJ88 shows that you are running settlement in 'Test mode' . Kindly remove test mode check box in CJ88 processing and  select update run instead and check the detail list of settlement thereafter.

Let us know if it works.

Yes, manually cost can be transferred from one WBS to another, check t-codes KB61, KB11N etc.

Regards

Saurabh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You havn't defined any default object type in OKO7. It has to be WBS in your case. Secondly, you need to create the settlement rule where in you need to assign the receiver WBS  and then try to settle the cost through CJ88. Test this in Development/Quality Client and regarding KB11N, again I would need the snap shot of the error. But it would be better if you can sit with FI consultant. He would definitely pull you out with this error.

I hope this may help you.

Regards,

Amit

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Saurabh,

Result is same even after running CJ88 as you told.

Regards,

Narender kumar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Please have screen shot of KB11N error.

Regards,

Narender Kumar

former_member195427
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Ok. Thanks for confirming.

You have assigned E1 as PA transfer structure,Have you assigned any cost element for 'Source' under this PA transfer structure E1.

Can you please check with CO guy there on it?

Regards

Saurabh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Try with secondary cost allocation. Use KB15N and revert back.

Regards,

Amit

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Saurabh,

Yes we have define cost element group there under PA transfer structure E1.

Regards,

Narender

former_member195427
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Narendra,

Ok, then go to allocation structure A1 -> Check the assignments->Check its source structure-> check settlement cost elements ( is there CE 9210400 maintained in source structure and settlement cost element areas?)

May be it helps.

Regards

Saurabh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear saurabh,

Yes it is maintained there

Regards,

Narender Kumar

former_member195427
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Narendra,

You have to discuss with your CO guy on it. He may be able to find the root cause of it.

Let us know his views on it.

Regards

Saurabh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Saurabh,

I have talked to CO people here, they are not able to find root cause.

Kindly tell me that is it a standard functionality of SAP that through CJ88 we can transfer cost from WBS to WBS.

I hv discuss the same with some of my frds ...some are denying the same that its not a standard functionality of SAP to transfer cost on same cost object.

Regards,

Narender Kumar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear all,

I hv tried T-code KB15N for manual cost transfer from one cost object to another cost object (i.e. WBS to WBS). Here system is behaving well.

But we are looking for auto settlement through CJ88.

Hope some of you had got any other option too.

Please share your views on that.

Regards,

Narender

sammar81
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

Hi Narender,

Yes you can transfer the cost from one WBS to another. It is a standard functionality in SAP.

You can use KB15N, KB21N or KB11N for transferring cost from One WBS to another given you know which cost element is to be used. This will require assistance from your CO consultant.

On the Question of Settling Cost from Lower Level WBS to Superior Level WBS which seems to  be the case in your scenario referring to your attached screen shots.. You need to follow the Steps mentioned in the  SAP Note 211324.

Let me know how it  goes..

Regards

Sammar

former_member195427
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Kindly tell me that is it a standard functionality of SAP that through CJ88 we can transfer cost from WBS to WBS.

Technically ,Yes.Cost is actually transferred from one cost object to another cost object.

I hv discuss the same with some of my frds ...some are denying the same that its not a standard functionality of SAP to transfer cost on same cost object.

Instead of 'transfer' I would rather use the word 'settlement' . Practically, they are right as projects-WBS are temporary endeavors of companies, and cost can not reside on WBS permanently as it has to settle to some entity (organizational unit) which can be accounted during the reconciliation of their chart of accounts and balance sheets.

SAP has provided us an option to settle our cost to WBS and hence its standard . Generally, we use it when we have 1 WBS at level 1 and all lower WBS's costs is settled to this WBS . Here, we specify Level 1 WBS as the receiver of cost of these lower WBS.

Hope,I am clear here.

Regards

Saurabh

varshal_kachole3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Please check periods of Dr/Cr on sender WBS element and the Settlement period mentioned on the CJ88 screen. Both should be same.

I can see PER . Try with FUL if possible in case the posting are from previous periods..

Hope that helps!

Thanks and Regards,

Varshal Kachole

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Just check your default object type at OKO7(Settlement Profile) ? Also, please check source and allocation structure as mentioned by Saurabh.

Anyways, are you sure that you want to settle this cost ? If cost transfer is your motive, can you have a look at KB11N for transferring cost from one WBS to another. Just change the screen variant to WBS Element/Network.

But request you to provide the screen shot of cj88 as well so that experts can analyze it in a more precise manner.

Regards,

Amit

former_member195427
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Narender,

Can you please share screen shot of it.

Meanwhile, check your source structure and G/L or Cost element and its type being used.

Settlement rule is created, settlement profile is assigned to project.

Please check settlement related parameters  also.

Regards

Saurabh