Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PI channels stop responding

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am working on SAP PI 7.3.

All of the interfaces are working properly in production.

But, from some days I can see suddenly all of the communication channels in production stop working. Even Stop start of the channels dont respond.

Only solution is restarting the server . After restarting the server it works properly.

Its happening frequently . Please help.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

Bhargavakrishna
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Das,

Did you try Ping channel in communication channel monitoring? what is the status of the communication channels?

Is this case specific to some adapters?

Regards

Bhargava Krishna

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Please also have a look at your java locks when this happens. It might have something to do with some service being locked etc.

But this is interesting because this is not the first discussion i have seen today about channels acting weird.

Please also provide on what patch level you are on.

Regards,

Jannus Botha

baskar_gopalakrishnan2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You might have to check java stack heap memory and  also see whether the admin archiving messages properly.. You might have to set the tuning parameters for the adapter engine. Plus check whether server disk is full and not able to write messages further which overloads the adapter engine stack.  If you could monitor adapter engine stack during that time, you will find more details.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Could you please direct me how to do that or refer any document.

Thanks,

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Could you please guide how to check the followings .

I dont have that much idea about java stack as it is maintained by Basis team in mu project.

Thanks,

Apu

Dimitri
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Within the Communication Channel Monitoring, check the Availability Planning.

Perhaps in there you have a restriction.

Kind regards,

Dimitri

naveen_chichili
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Das,

Which Adapter you have used in the communication channel and is that sender or receiver.

Regards,

Naveen