Copy Data Within a Model
I need to copy data from ACTUAL to PLAN. For example, I need to transfer 2014 data to 2015 Plan.
I found the standard package COPY.
A few questions which i hope you can help with
- on the handling of records what is "Copy Records with Match Key" and "Copy by replacting in same data region of Entity, Category, Time and Audit ID"
- Is there a way to restrict the number of options on the dimension selection area. As I want to restrict the options that the user selections? E.g. only allow them to select CATEGORY and TIME?
Vadim Kalinin replied
1. Replacing will first clear all data for the selected Entity, Category, Time and Audit ID.
2. You can edit advanced DM script to fix some values. Correct the COPYMOVEINPUT and add fixed values like here: Customize the standard SAP BPC Packages
3. You can also copy data using script logic.