Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

IW21-Set default Catalog profile

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

Please suggest me on below issue.

When creating notification from IW21,  After providing Functional location, current catalog profile is changed as per the Func location.

But now i want to set this current catalog profile value to default catalog profile value.

Plz suggest me with exact Exit or badi.

Regards,

Paul.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

jogeswararao_kavala
Active Contributor

Hello paul,

For that you should not have the Catalog Profile fields filled in the Technical Objects (Equipment and functional Location). A default Catalog Profile is given in the Configuration of Notification type, (you called this a s default profile). IW21 is defaulted this Catalog Profile, but as soon as you enter the Technical object the catalog profile there overrides and fills the field. If you want to change this do throught he following way of IW21 screen.

KJogeswaraRao

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jogeswara,

Thanks for swift response.

Yes, But I want to set (Override) current catalog profile with default cat profile irrespective of the Functional location automatically.

I hope through config,we can't achieve this.

Is there any User exits /Badis ?

Regards,

Paul.

jogeswararao_kavala
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

The solution to this query has been found and documented here:

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

you are assigning Profile in FL and as well as in IW21 also , just keep one , i will suggest object related catalog profile otherwise when you add FL in IW21 then system will take the Catalog profile in iw21 automatically. Which is stdn behaviour, why u want to set default it seems to be meaningless.

Regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Shailendra Gaur,

Thank you very much for your reply.

In our business scenario,for some specific notification type ,business want to use catalog profile of functional location but for some specific notification type business want to use catalog profile whatever assigned to notification type for same function location.So your suggestion will not work in our business scenario.

Regards

Paul 

jogeswararao_kavala
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I could understand your business scenerio. Your ABAPer will be able to help through user exit QQMA0015, which takes commands for the F4 help that will be displayed in the Catalogs and Codes. He can draw clues from this document:

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I will suggest you the standard practice if not agreed than use some enhance point or exit and develop the same to meet with your requirement.

PM objects are the main source for data floating from object to document, if you want to modify the document in fewer cases then better to take technical help here.

As suggested by one expert.

Regards