cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP SRM SC parallel workflow in N step BADI

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Experts,

We are currently using SRM 5.0 N step BADI for Shopping cart approval.

Now the client wants that at any particular step, there can be more that one approver.

For e.g     At Level 1, we can have Approver A, Approver B, Approver C. If any 2 approver approves, the shopping Cart should move to the next level.

Please advice how do we implement this scenario in the BADI.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

I042439
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

Hi Priyanka

Are you using a custom workflow or a standard workflow.

To achieve what you have described, you need to change in the WF and not the BADI. BADI is for Approver Determination only and not to decide as to how many MUST approve.

You will have to implement Dynamic Parallel Processing in the WF.

Dynamic Parallel Approval Workflow - WebFlow Engine (BC-BMT-WFM) - SAP Library

Regards,

Modak

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Modak,

We are using N-Step BADI WS14000133 standard workflow.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Modak,

Is there a way to achieve the Dynamic Parallel approval in any standard Workflow for shopping carts..

I will have to create a custom workflow?

Regards,

Priyanka

I042439
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

Hi Priyanka

You will have to create a custom workflow for this.

But make sure you understand all aspects as in SRM5, the application is closely tied with the workflow, especially Approval Overview, where it reads the workflow container. Hence, estimate your work accordingly.

Regards,
Modak

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Modak.

Client has refused custom workflow.

He has agreed that in a particular step, if there are 4 approvers, and any one approves, the workflow moves ahead to next level. It should not wait for all the 4 approvers to approve.

Can you please confirm SRM 5.0 this will work . As on other post of SDN, they all mention SRM 7.0+

I042439
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

Hi Priyanka

I worked in SRM 5 long time back.... but as far as I remember, it works this way.

Workflows are inherently designed to send workitems to multiple agents and if anyone reacts to it, it completes - that is by default. So, it should work for you. A simple test can confirm this for you. Just assign two users to a position and set that position as an agent in the BADI. The Workitem will go to both the users; execute from one and see the results.

Regards,

Modak

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member216093
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Priyanka,

At every step there can be many approvers but there should be some logic to identify those approvers i.e. responsibility rule (t-code OOCU_RESP) can be a good way to group approvers and call that responsibility rule for that step.

Another way could be to use relationship i.e. purchasers have B491 relationships with purchasing group and when anything need to be forwarded to purchasers, all purchasers can be identified using the defined relationship.

Check with your client how you can identify and build the logic to find the group of approvers.

Regards,

Ravi Pachauri

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Ravi.

I have the logic in place to identify the approvers,

But in SRM 5.0 , in N step BADI, at every step, can I send parallel emails to all the approvers.

For this, should the index be same for all the approvers at a particular step.

And how do I control, that if two approvers approve, then the workflow should proceed further.