cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

move attachments folder on new server

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I have upgraded my SAP Server from SAP 8.82 to 9.0 PL 05. The upgraded sever is different from existing Server. I have lot of attachment files on the existing server which I want to move to new server. I have set the path of attachment on new server and copy all the files from old server to new server's attachment folder. How to change the path in existing document which are already attached. If i go to document . it show me old server attachment path.

please give you suggestions.

thanks

Regards

jitender

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jitender,

Is the attachment folder shared among the two server. ?

If so you can give same name to the folder in the new server, which you had given in the existing server.eg if the folder name is Sharefolder then if its in shared network, then automatically  sharefolder2 gets created. Then you assign this name in the attachment path

Hope it helps.

Regards

Darshan Desai

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Darshan,

Thanks for Quick reply.

I have upgrade my SAP on new server. Now I want to move the attachments of old server(SAP SRV) to new server (SAP 01). I know the Path setting and I did the same.  Now my document path is \\SAP 01\documents. when I go in old documents like AR invoice it show me attachment path (SAP SRV/Documents) old server path. when I click on the link. it takes file from old server. But I want to take it from new Server (\\SAP 01\documents). How can I do it.

Thanks

Regards

Jitender

Former Member
0 Kudos

Per Note 1239019 you should open a ticket with SAP Support.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jitender, ,

The documents stored previously in the old server, will show the same path where it is attached, even though you set a new path in attachment field in general settings.

If some files are there, you  can change it manually, but if its huge number of files then then you require SAP support as update query  would be required.

Thanks&Regards

Darshan Desai

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Darshan,

Can I run the update query on SQL to update path.?

Thanks

Regards

Jitender

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jitender,

As told by Nagarajan , please don't run any  update query without SAP Support. As it highly risky and it can cause data inconsistency and Data Loss. .Raise a ticket with SAP.

Regards

Darshan Desai

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Darshan.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi jitender,

Please close the thread by marking helpful answer/Correct answer, if you are satisfied with the answers given above by all.

Regards

Darshan Desai

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

kothandaraman_nagarajan
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Please don't try without SAP support. If any inconsistency, you may loose SAP support. Also refer SAP note attached by Mr. Thomas.

Thanks & Regards,

Nagarajan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jitender,

Go to Administration--->System Initialization--->General Settings-->Path (Tab)

& set new server path for 'Attachments Folder'.

regards,

Raviraj