cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Task Subscription (error : Maintain a valid e-mail address in the employee master data)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear community members

I want a user to subscribe to task in order for him to get email alert foir approval.

1) I changed the user's emeil adress to my sap adress

2) Scoping and fine tuning : seems correct

When i log with the user and want to subscribe I get the following eror message :

Maintain a valid e-mail address in the employee master data

And all the rows are greyed (read only)

Any idea ?

Thanks and regards

PAscal

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have not tested this but SAP may not allow multiple users to share the same email address. [It doesn't allow this in the Outlook integration].

You might try setting up the user with a personal email address of yours or theirs just to see if that clears the error.

Jim

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jim,

Yes I know : the email adress MUST be unique.

Some releases ago you could use the search functionality with an email adress, but now it does't show you anything.

I did the search with my email adress, but the system didn't show me the user connected to this adress (even financial01 is connected to this adress)

Thanks and regards

PAscal

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Pascal,

I feel you have maintained users e-mail in Personal Data >Private Contact

Please maintain Work e-mail.

Go to Personnel Administration>Employees>Select Employee> Go to Actions>"Change Workplace Contact Data" and here you need to input the work e-mail address.

It should now work and you will not get the greyed fields in the Tasks Subscription.

Best regards

Nick

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Pascal,

Can you check these steps:

1,After maintaining the domain for email(For Exa- XYZ.Com) try for sending test email.

2. You need to maintain Mail id which is linked to your outlook. Under employee master>>Personal Data>> Private Contact Data.

3. Once you maintain email id ,then goto Home WC >> Subscribe to Task.

4.Then you will get email notification as per your selected task.

Hope this will be helpful.

Thanks,

Nitin

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Nitin,

Thanks for support, unfortunately already checked ...

Test email does work, I get it !

But can't subscribe to tasks because all rows are greyed out.

Can you subscribe ?

Thanks & regards

PAscal

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I have Two separate user Id's e-mail and I have maintained same e-mail address for both and also successfully Subscribed to tasks.

I suggest please check Fine Tuning >"E-Mail and Fax Settings" > "Allowed Sender E-Mail Domains" and make sure the Domain of your e-mail is maintained in the system. (only business approved domain are allowed to send mails out that is why there is this setting).

Best regards

Nick

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Nick,

I saw these settings in the fine tuning, I thought that it could be due to the fax settings, therefore I removed fax communication. But the problem remained.

Could you please more precise about the domain ? I want to use my SAP email address as a workplace address for my user. What domain shall I define ?

Thanks and regards

PAscal

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Pascal,

I am not sure what you mean by my SAP email? Please clarify.

Domain would be the full name after @ sign. Example if user email maintained in his master data profile is user1@companyxyz.com then in the fine tuning for allowed sender E-mail Domains you would enter:  companyxyz.com

Hope this helps.

Best regards

Nick

0 Kudos

Pascal,

there are several places to maintain email addresses (Private address <-> Workplace address) - in which view/field exactly did you maintain the email address?

Regards

Michael

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi Michael,

I use both, the workplace email with my SAP adress and the private with a gmail adress.

But it doesn't work.

BR

PAscal