cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Duplicity rows on page break

Former Member
0 Kudos

When you export report direct to .pdf sometime happened that rows are duplicated on end of page and the beginning of the next page (see screenshot). It's strange because when you print it on screen or paper it looks good. Sometime happened with different way - you print it duplicated but on pdf looks OK. Also strange is this scenario: direct to pdf - duplicated, to screen and then to pdf - OK

Its not about link / join, date are prepared and send to CR. Maybe it has something to do with "Can Grow", "Keep together" and CR at the end sometime in some special condition wrong calculates row position and put it to both pages? Or something with different font height used to print on screen and pdf render? Any Ideas, clues, meet someone with this problem?

Crystal Reports 11, VB6

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

After some time it's back, "Keep together" doesn't help at all ... (it helps just partially). Before problem reports print ok, but new one is buggy.

In this case Master detail is duplicated, but inside details print on 1. page only 2 rows, on 2. page whole 3 rows ... (see picture) Strange ...

Summary: Print to paper OK, Preview to screen OK, Print direct to crystal PDF makes sometime duplicity.

So it has something to do with "no printer" render? ...

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Janci,

I have exactly the same problem as you with one of my reports. And up to now still no solution

What's strange in my report is, that the duplicated rows appear only at the first and second page. On all other pages the page break is no problem and the rows are not duplicated.

I installed the latest version of Crystal Reports 2011 with no solution.

I tried to set keep together true and false for the whole detail section and for every single detail section within. But no matter what I tried, the last detail section (or the whole details if I set keep together = true) is printed duplicated at the second page. At least then, when the last line goes exactly to the bottom of the page, in other cases it's no problem.

I hope I can get help here.

Former Member
0 Kudos

It's getting even stranger.

I just opened the preview of Crystal Reports with data for that I know it is printed wrong. But in the CR-preview it is all right. I set keep together for the whole detail section to true and the section is completely shown after the page break without any duplicates. The same for the single detail-sections.

If I print the report on screen or as .pdf or on paper the details are duplicated before and after the first page break.

Any ideas somebody? I'm thankful for any help I get.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Same behavior here, print to paper or screen OK, to PDF duplicated.

Some special cases are duplicated also on screen.

former_member205840
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Janci,

Try to install latest service packs for Crystal Reports 11 VB6, it may resolve your issue.

Thanks,

Sastry

Former Member
0 Kudos

Already installed latest SP4 but nothing

I do several tests and i think it's "Keep together" ...

Example of section settings:

Details           "Keep together" = True

Details a   "Keep together" = False

Details b   "Keep together" = False

Details c   "Keep together" = False

Details d   "Keep together" = False

If i set on master Details "Keep together" = False, then this problem disappear, but then there is problem that Details can be splited on more pages. (whole Details section was before duplicated)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Janci,

Check the below information.

Keep Together

The Keep Together property forces a section to stay on the same page. For example, if the Group Header has the Keep Together property enabled and the entire header can't fit on the page, then it will be started at the top of the next page. The important thing to note is that this only applies to an individual section and it won't take other sections into account.

The Keep Group Together property looks at the entire group (its header, details and footer) and tries to keep them on the same page. If the entire group can't fit on the remainder of the current page, then the group is started at the top of the next page. This is clearly different than the Keep Together property because it only applies to a single section and the Keep Group Together property looks at multiple sections.

Regards,

DJ

Former Member
0 Kudos

DJ, i agree with you, i know what Keep Together means ...

This property has nothing to do with duplicity but it "partially helps" solve my problem with displaying duplicity rows on page breaks ... I suppose some "CR render bug" ...

Former Member
0 Kudos

Janci,

A quick way to do it is to format each field with Suppress If Duplicated.  Then in the Detail section turn on Suppress Blank Section.

Try one more point:  You can go in File menu -> Report Option -> Check the Check Box(Select Distinct Record).

Please provide any screenshot more helpful

Thanks,

DJ

Former Member
0 Kudos

Suppress If Duplicated doesn't work, because data are not duplicated. I already test it. Data are prepared before in application and send to report (also checked manually right before setting to report if they are ok)  I also use Delete Links at the end by editing data source to avoid duplicate problems.

Distinct Record is disabled in report options and can't be checked see Screenshot. Maybe because i don't have links?

I attach 2 screens:

1) Bad duplicated with "Keep together" = True as i mentioned post before

2) OK with "Keep together" = False

as you can see it's not about internal data, because in both cases will be rows displayed duplicated.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Janci,

Any updates..

One thing Janci report having any grouping fields..

If you donot mind can you send .rpt file with saved data...Is it possible?

I will check that one after share more updates.

Look into this: Crystal Reports Details section printed twice before/after page

crystal: ignore duplicated detail lines

Thanks,

DJ

abhilash_kumar
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Janci,

Would you be able to attach the report with saved data please?

We could go on hunting in the dark looking at all these images however, the report should help in zeroing-in on what the potential could be.

To attach the report first save it with data and then change its extension from .rpt to .txt and click the 'use advanced editor' link in the reply window here.

If there's data in the report that you do not wish to share with everyone, you could even send it to my e-mail.

-Abhilash

Former Member
0 Kudos

It's not secret 🙂 here is report (rename txt to rpt)

data can't be saved because they are prepared runtime and set in code right before print

Former Member
0 Kudos

I can save the data in my report, so I think to find a solution it's good to add my report too.

So here it is. I replaced some fields with textfields to not show sensible data like addresses.

abhilash_kumar
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I exported the report you've attached above to PDF without any issues.

Could you point me to where the issue exactly is?

-Abhilash

Former Member
0 Kudos

Abhilash, thanks for your reply.

My issue is that the detail-sections are duplicated, when I print the report out of our erp-system. When I print the report directly out of Crystal Reports I have no issues too.

I attached two files so you can see the difference. They are originally .pdf-files, so when you change the ending back to .pdf you can open them. The file "Crystal Reports - Kommission Copy" is printed out of our erp-system with the duplicated rows. The file "SAP Crystal Reports - Kommission Copy" is printed directly out of Crystal Reports with no duplicates.

Normally the report is printed out of our erp-system by our users. Therefore we installed the Crystal Reports 2008 Runtime SP4 on every PC. And with this runtime it's no matter if I show the report at the screen as preview, print it as .pdf or print it on paper, the rows are duplicated. Thats very confusing, because I can't find any reason why.