Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ME21N PO quantity rounding configuration

ganeshthangam_e
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi

quantity Rounding  is working properly in sales order but STO it is not working. I did all the config settings in OWD1 and material master sales view. Can any one help me on this...?

Ganesh

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member183424
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You can see there are two options for rounding profile in material master..

One you can find in Sales view, which will be applicable for sales related orders..

Another you will find in MRP1 tab, that will be applicable for Purchase related orders..

As you said you have maintained it for sales view and it is working fine for sales order.. So you have to maintain the the same rounding profile in MRP1 view to make this applicable for purchase orders..

You will find it under the option "Lot size data".

You can also maintain it in info record - Purchase Organization Data 1 view.

ganeshthangam_e
Participant
0 Kudos

Dear Mr.Dev

I have maintained as you said in MRP 1 view. But I need rounding qty  in STO Po like if I enter 9 qty it should be auto rounding to 10.It is working in sales order because in rounding profile  i have maintained like that.

Can you help me..

Regards

Ganesh

former_member183424
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I've tested the same and it is working fine...

Set the rounding profile as like below:

In material master,

Then create a STO (the plant should be same in Rounding profile, Material Master, STO - Line item) and try..

ganeshthangam_e
Participant
0 Kudos

Dear Mr.Dev

My setting is given below

and while creating PO in ME21n

it is not automatically updated ..

and once i have changed qty like 20 means  then..

after that it is allowing to change the quantity without rounding

Regards

ganesh

JL23
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

your rounding profile is created for  the plant who is used as supplier, you need it for the plant that that creates the order

former_member183424
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You need to make the error message ME 386 as warning..

Set the message as warning from path

OLME-Environment Data-Define Attributes of System Messages

Then try again...

Also do not change the quantity manually.. If you want to round it again automatically by system.. Then make the order quantity as 0 and then prese enter. System will ask for Order quantity then enter the new quantity..

Also Jurgen Sir is right, I've clearly mentioned in my previous reply, that "the plant should be same in Rounding profile, Material Master, STO - Line item"

**Edited by: Dëv Päträ

ganeshthangam_e
Participant
0 Kudos

Dear Mr.Dev

"Also do not change the quantity manually.."

As you said ,I have changed all the settings and it is working fine. But end user doesn't  follow these rules. For such cases system should not allow to change the quantity. Is there any other option ....

Regards

Ganesh

former_member183424
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

No.. As of my knowledge, there are no option. Once you change the quantity manually, then system will not rounded it up.. If you want to bring effect for rounded up again, then you have to make the quantity as initial 0.

After making 0, you have to press enter. System will ask for quantity, now you can enter the quantity and system will rounded it up as per your rounding profile..

You can read the long text for the message ME386 - Order quantity violates rounding rules (See long text). It explains how the rounding profile work.

ganeshthangam_e
Participant
0 Kudos

Dear Mr.Dev

Thank you for your help..

Regards

Ganesh

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

BijayKumarBarik
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Check your rounding configuration details assigned to material master for both the plants. Also check  condition type used for STO

Regards,

Biju K

Prasoon
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Maintain the rounding profile in MRP1 view for the receiving plant and test the scenario again.

Regards,

AKPT