cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Adding two custom fields in sales order creation form in web UI

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Experts,

I have a  requirement to add two custom fields "Reference" and "Reference Desc" in sales order creation page.This fields are already available in "Daily Activity" creation view in the Reference optional section.This two fields are under "BTDOCFLOW" context node .

I tried to do this throgh AET,but this context node(btdocflow) is not available under sales order view.

can any body suggest me here, is this possible to create the context through AET? (or) Should I add it through BSP_WD_CMPWB?

Here one more hassle is the exact two fields attributes are not available in the dependent object  BTDOCFLOW of sales order,but these attributes are under daily activity context node BTDOCFLOW.

Thanks in Advance..

Regards,

Kiran

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

dharmakasi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

Check the second image Capturedaily.png, these 2 attributes have been added by using get related entities. These 2 are not directly part of BTDOCFLOW genil structure of daily activity.

Basically all attributes will be same every where in BTDOCFLOW context node structure, if there are extra fields means manually those fields have been added in BSP component view.

You can use the same code to create the fields in your respective sales order creation context node.

No need of creating new AET fields in docflow. Check the get or set method of the OBJKEY,OBJKEYDESC attributes in "Daily Activity".

Best Regards,

Dharmakasi.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Dharmakasi,

Thanks for your quick reply.

I checked get and set methods of those attribute ,there sap assigning the data to attributes.

Should we add the context "BTDOCFLOW" first to sales order component and needs add two attributes manually in the that context node?

If yes,which type of BOL entity should I give at the time of attribute creation?

Could you please explain me step by step process? Because this is my first task on web UI...

Thanks for your help.

Regards,

Kiran

dharmakasi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Kiran,

Yeah, first add the context node to sales order component and then add the attributes in context class.

You can directly add the get method and set method in context node. Copy code from Daily activity' context node for each attribute to the newly created attribute.

Second option to add fields

You can right click on the attributes in BTDOCFLOW context node and then select BOL relation as avialble in get method OBJTYP of the activity page. You can refer the attached below images

Best Regards,

Dharmakasi.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi DharmaKasi,

Thanks for your help.

Your first statement is first option right..

(

Yeah, first add the context node to sales order component and then add the attributes in context class.

You can directly add the get method and set method in context node. Copy code from Daily activity' context node for each attribute to the newly created attribute.

)

either I can choose first or second option ..right.?

As per your first option after creation of Context node and we will create Attributes ,using Right click on the Attribute folder,there BOL Attribute field is not compulsory  to fill? means it is not mandatory field?

In the second option, I checked Activity view context attributes GET methods, there relationship are maintained dynamically,so I am not able to find relationship for BOL entity field at time of  attribute creation..

Please suggest me here..

Thanks and Regards,

Sasi

dharmakasi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

As per your first option after creation of Context node and we will create Attributes ,using Right click on the Attribute folder,there BOL Attribute field is not compulsory  to fill? means it is not mandatory field?

Which means you have to create the method directly inside the class, open the context node class click on display/change the icon then add the method like get_objtyp and then add parameters. Next step is paste the code from daily acitivity page context node attribute OBJTYP get method code in newly created method in sales order creation page context node.

Using first system will not ask for any BOL relation name because you are creating the get method manually means you are adding attribute directly in context node class which will inturn reflect in attributes.

Generally whatever attributes available under attribute section those will have get methods in context node class. you can add attribute in context node by directly creating get methods in context node class.

If you are confused to choose the relation name then follow the first option alone.

Best Regards,

Dharmakasi.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi DharmaKasi,

Thanks for you help and detailed information.

Regards,

Sasi

Answers (0)