cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Change control process in SAP PPM

0 Kudos

Dear All,

I am keen to know if PPM 6.0 offers any functionality to handle the project or portfolio change management. The requirement is to have a change request for applying the change in project scope/cost/budget and it needs to get formally approved before the change is accepted. alongside that, it is expected to have reporting to show how many change requests were raised for a specific PPM item and how many are approved and pending for approval.

What is the impact of a specific change request on the project and overall portfolio?

I know SAP Commercial Project management has this functionality in form of 'Project issue and change management', but does this also exists in PPM 6.0?

thanks in advance!

Regards,

Mahendra

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Mahendra,

As you mentioned this is available standard through SAP CPM

We have developed Change Request Functionality as a custom development as it is not available (properly) through PPM itself

Regards,

C

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Paulo_Vitoriano
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Mahendra,

I am not aware of such functionality in PPM.  On the other hand you have PS Claims functionality in ECC.  That is based on notifications common for PM module.  And I'd assume your PPM is integrated back to ECC anyway.

Regards,

Paulo

mariano_sabiche
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Mahendra;

Of course that it's possible to do in SAP PPM, but only with the integration between SAP PPM & SAP SOLMAN with chaRM, you got all issues at Project Management and can do various queries to get the resolution of change request. Also can Manage Scope of Project.

Please visit the follo link:

SAP Solution Manager WIKI - Project and IT Requirement Management - Solution Manager - SCN Wiki

Best regards,

Mariano.

ravi_ekambaram
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Mahendra,

This feature is not available in PPM 6.0 and this is a unique feature built in CPM to manage all capital projects.

You can refer the below link for latest release notes of PPM 6.0 which contains details of this version.

SAP Portfolio and Project Management 6.0 – SAP Help Portal Page

Regards,

Ravi