cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PO partners is blocked from purchasing but PO is created successfully

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear SAP,

We have VN(Vendor), PI(Invoice Presented by) or OA(Ordering address) partners in PO.

If VN is blocked from purchasing, system will generate error message (Vendor is Blocked) and stop user from creating the PO.

However, if PI and or OA is blocked from purchasing, it does not stop user from creating the PO.

May i know is there any SAP standard functionality that we can activate for checking the PO partners?

Please advise.

Regards,

William

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (12)

Answers (12)

Former Member
0 Kudos

William

You can also check the same thing in your system.

use block function in  xk05 and then create PO  just check it what happen

Former Member
0 Kudos

Mr. Dev,

Yes I was Enter vendor code manually in PO .

Former Member
0 Kudos

Sir,

I was follow you suggestion which u provide but both msg not trigger ME022 & ME023

i can able to create Po without any error msg.

former_member183424
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Have you entered the vendor Z4000177 manually in PO ? The message will only trigger if you will enter the vendor manually. If the vendor will comes automatically from vendor master record, then system will mot trigger the message.

JL23
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

It looks pretty much like a bug as your system works different from the design explained in KBA 1900006 - ME21N : Vendor block for PO creation

What is your release?

You either work in a very old IDES  or in very new one, where the old error is back again. Search for OSS notes with bug fixes e.g. via the error message number  

If there is none then open a support message yourself

Former Member
0 Kudos

William,

why you not using block function in xk05 because there is no of option like

Block purchase order

Block quot. request and purchase order

Block quot. req., order, goods receipt.

Total block

former_member183424
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

I think you missed the header sentence..

This blocking function is valid for quality reason. Hence it will not effect for PO.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Dev

If i m not use the block function in xk05 then i m also not getting any error msg time of PO creation through ME21n.

former_member183424
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

No. To trigger the Message no. ME022 - Vendor & blocked or Message no. ME023 - Vendor & blocked for purchasing organization &, you do not need to use the blocking function.

Tick option for the purchasing block is sufficient. You do not have to use the blocking function. You can try the same in your SAP system.

former_member183155
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi all ;

This document can be beneficial for you.

Regards.

M.Ozgur Unal

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Expert,

I need the error message below to be prompt when user manually key the OA/PI partner that has been blocked from purchasing.

Please advise on the configuration part.

Thank you.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Also check which view the block is set at.  If vendor has been extended to Plant, then block needs to be there also.

r

JL23
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

SAP will not issue a company code related error message if you enter a partner role that is not used to post accounting documents, in your case OA.

SAP has  message ME023 vendor blocked for purchasing org    and ME864 vendor blocked at plant which will be issued if you have set a block for purchasing level using MK05 or XK05

former_member183424
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Why you want to trigger the message no M6 026 ?

If you will enter the partner function and vendor manually in PO and vendor will be marked as blocked for purchase organization, then system will prompt Message no. ME022 - Vendor & blocked (If you set block for all Purchase organization) or Message no. ME023 - Vendor & blocked for purchasing organization & (if you set block for selected purchase organization).

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Dibyendu,

I have blocked the PI partner via XK05

But, when the PI partner is used during PO creation, system didn't prompt any error message (ME022 or ME023). And, the PO is created successfully.

Please advise.

Thank you.

former_member183424
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Are you sure that you are entering the PI vendor manually in partner function in PO ?

Is the error message triggered when you are using the vendor as maintain vendor in PO ?

JL23
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I just tested it and got immediately ME022 as warning message, which is our desired setting in customizing of message attributes. How is yours?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes Dev because william told previously if the user try to enter the patner function(OA) manually into the PO, there is no error generated and PO created successfully. thats way i enter manually

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rashi,

Yes, user try to enter the patner function(OA) manually into the PO, there is no error generated and PO created successfully.

i have tried to block partner via XK05, but it didnt prompt error during testing.

Please advise.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

Also you can block the vendor by using source list (Tcode ME01)

Regards

Prashanth

Former Member
0 Kudos

William,

You Can Block Manually Partner Through XK05

and then create the PO then you got the error msg time PO creation.

former_member183424
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You are entering manually the PI partner function in PO.. If you block the vendor (PI partner) from XK05, then it will not come automatically in PO as PI partner.

former_member182609
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Yes ,You can do that .ABAP persons has to write a piece of code..

In our system also we are having similar kind of Blocking check.We do check GS partner .If the GS partner blocked for procurement we will not allow to create the Purchase Order.What our program exits do, it will check vendor partner functions in WYT3 table and that Vendor GS is blocked then it will throw error 'GS Blocked.I think you can implement the same solution for your scenario also to check QA or PI block.

former_member183424
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

As far my knowledge, system is searching for the deletion or blocked activity only for VN vendor at the time creating purchasing document, because we enter the VN vendor as main vendor for the purchasing document.

System is just fetching the partner vendors from vendor master record. But for these partner vendors, system will not check any activity (like as deletion or blocked) until you change it or re-enter it.

After set deletion for the vendor from XK05, at the time creating PO, system will continue the process if you do not touch the partner function. But if you change or re-enter the vendor for any other partner function, then system will stop you and will show the message "Vendor & flagged for deletion".

If you block the vendor at company code level and purchase organization level from XK05, then system will not take the partner function.

And then if user will try to enter the partner function manually, then system will show the message "Vendor & blocked"

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Dev Patra,

When the OA partner function is blocked/ marked for deletion, the system will not take the partner function.

But, if the user try to enter the patner function(OA) manually into the PO, there is no error generated and PO created successfully.

May i know is there any SAP standard solution that can help to trigger the error?

Please advise.

Regards,

William

Prasoon
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

You may block the vendor centrally in XK05 or at company code level in FK05 if you want to prevent the usage as PI. The system will issue message M6 026 or M6 027 if the invoicing party is blocked for the company code in FK05. You can set the message as error message. The same is applicable for OA as well. Its applicable for manual entry also. You may test the scenario.

Refer my previous comment in which I have mentioned few SAP notes which explains the standard design.

Regards,

AKPT

former_member183424
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Have you checked the SAP note 1446971 ?

Read the solution part.. It have given an alternative solution by applying the note..

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Dibyendu,

i have donwloaded the snote into our system but it wrote "it cannot be implemented".

Please advise.

Prasoon
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

The purchasing block for the invoicing party wont prevent the PO creation - the functionality was introduced through the note: 1446971 - ME22N: Blocked Invoicing Party - change not possible

Instead, you can block the vendor at company code level in FK05 if you want to prevent the usage as PI. The system will issue message M6 026 or M6 027 if the invoicing party is blocked for the company code in FK05. You can set the message as error message. The same is applicable for OA as well.

Note: Please ensure that the purchase org is assigned to company code in transaction OX10

Additionally, refer the KBA: 1900006 - ME21N : Vendor block for PO creation and the note: 938652 - PI partner Pur.Org.Data not relevant for Partner Determinati

Regards,

AKPT

former_member183424
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

OX10 is not the t-code for Assignment of purchasing organization to company code..

I can see it has written in this note. I doubt there are some problem in this note as you can also feel it should not be.

Prasoon
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

It could be typo - The transaction code is OX01 not OX10.

former_member183424
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Yes. I know.  But as it's written in this SAP note as OX10. So it should be fixed..

former_member214648
Active Participant
0 Kudos

You may need to put a total block on PI and OA in this case.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Tracey,

May i know how to put the total block on PI and OA?

Kindly explain further.

Thank you.

William

former_member214648
Active Participant
0 Kudos

MK06 you can block here (also unblock) you should have options like purchasing, GR, invoice etc..... select the areas you need to block

former_member214648
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Also try XK06 enter vendor number company code purchasing org and block here

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Tracey,

I have tried to check the "Deletion Flags" and "Deletion blocks" for PI partner via MK06.

But, it does not stop user from creating PO.

Please advise.