cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Extracting or Comparing OMS9 data between Sandbox and Quality systems

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

We have recently done an upgrade for our Sandbox system from ECC 4.7 to ECC 6.0 EHP 7. After the upgrade during creation of material master a few new fields are requested as mandatory , I found it to be a setting in OMS9 where these fields are maintained as mandatory. Now I want to compare this data post upgrade with the data in my Quality system where the upgrade is not yet performed and maintain a mapping document so that post upgrade I would like to have the settings remain the same as it is currently in my quality system. Kindly suggest some ideas to compare and extract the data from OMS9 transaction so that I can extract and compare the data and create a mapping document.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Execute table T130F in both the clients and compare

G. Lakshmipathi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Sir,

I would like to compare the 4 fields Hide, Display, Required and optional because some new fields are being made mandatory automatically post upgrade. I have used the T130F extract to find the new fields added in ECC 6 , but I would like to compare the radio button selections under each field selection group. Kindly suggest some ideas for the same. Please let me know if you need more clarity on my query.

Regards,

Gopikrishna.M

JL23
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

SAP can do that for you. Just call OMS9 then select from menu Utilities > Adjustment

Of course you need to have a RFC Connection between those systems. If it is not present in F4 then talk to your basis guys.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jurgen,

I have tried that and the page again shows me these symbols .-+* , Can you kindly help me understand how do I analyze the data with these symbols please?

Regards,

Gopikrishna.M

JL23
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Based on your selection you get all entries from both systems or only those with differences.

The you need to count and compare.

Here an example

look at the HIBE in table T130A  on the left and compare it with the user friendly data from OMS9 on the right (you can be glad that you never worked with a 31H system, as customizing  was just like the table view)

the dot means optional

the + means mandatory

the * is display only

and the - means hidden.

you see on the left that the 1st character in FAUSW field  is a dot

it is translated Field selection group 1 with radio button optional entry

the second character in FAUSW field on the left is a +

this is translated to Field selection group 2 with radio button for mandatory.

so you only need to count the characters to know which field selection group it represents.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you Jurgen. This helped me close the case.

Regards,

Gopikrishna.M

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Prasoon
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

You may check the table T130A which stores the field selection, and compare between the two clients. The field selection is stored as dot, plus or minus. Also check all tables starts with T130 (enter T130* in SE16 and press F4)

Regards,

AKPT

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Prasoon,

Thank you for the reply. I understand that . means optional entry + means required entry * means display and - means hide from my understanding. One confusion I have here is there are over 240 field references but the .+* and - together comes only around less than 80. I am trying to understand how can I compare them with the field reference numbers.

Regards,

Gopikrishna.M