Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EOIO for inbound ABAP Proxy

former_member183909
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi

I have been reading the many posts about this situation and still no clearer.

I have SAP PI7.3,   I have a BPM that will post an message to SAP ECC via an ABAP Proxy.

I want to make the calls EOIO.

The Sender SOAP channel is defined with message protocol of XI3.0 for the BPM requirements.  Hence I do NOT have ability to set QOS there !.

The Receiver is a SOAP HTTP to my SAP ECC6 system.

Do I need to insert some lines of code into my (generated) inbound ABAP proxy to achieve EOIO ?

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

engswee
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Jonny

AFAIK, you can only set EOIO for outbound proxy (by adding additional code to set the serialization context.) For inbound proxies, it inherits the QOS from the sender system.

From the blog below, unfortunately it looks like EOIO is not supported in NW BPM.

There is even a submission on SAP Idea Place for this particular feature.

NW BPM EOIO ! : View Idea

Rgds

Eng Swee

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

0 Kudos

Hi Jonny,

Just wondering whether you had any success with this issue.

Thanks

Shalendra

former_member183909
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Shalendra

no sorry no progress on this.  sadly SAP removed this feature and they are not listening.

0 Kudos

Hi Jonny,

Managed to find a blog which solves my issue. Maybe it will help with your issue as well. Please see below:

http://scn.sap.com/community/pi-and-soa-middleware/blog/2015/02/06/adapter-module-development-set-qo...

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jonny

You can try the step mentioned in this. Check slide number 35.

http://blasthemy.com/sap/TechEd13/1_Session_PDFs/POP/POP300/POP300.pdf

former_member183909
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi

I can't seem to open that PDF - the website seems defective.  Are you able to?

former_member203641
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

Just a suggestion, In a BPM can we not send a unique ID (incremented by defined period) for each message which we also maintain starting ID in ECC Z table and in proxy as message arrives we match UNIQUE ID sent from BPM with existing one in ECC table and if it is as per sequence then we can process message else we can trigger fault of Sequence back to BPM.

Thanks,

Amit