Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

B1UdoApi.lib missing in SDK SBO 9

edy_simon
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

I has just realized that the VS2005\B1UdoAPI.lib for developing UDO DLL implementation is missing since SBO9.

I still have the VS6 lib. but not for the VS2005 lib.

Can anybody from SAP comment whether this is intentional ?

If it is, how should we develop the Implementation DLL ?

Regards

Edy

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

From what I've seen, I don't think this UDO DLL is on SAP's priority list, seems to be going to an obsolete way...

Maybe the best practice would be to ignore the UDO DLL possibility, and just use the other benefits of UDOs (automatic GUI, etc.).

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

The Library is available in the SDK, this is the specific version for VS2005 which is not distributed anymore sinceV9.0...

I don't know what are Edy's requirements, but best way is perhaps to change from version of VisualStudio...

Regards,

Eric

edy_simon
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Alessandro,

The one point that implementation DLL have that no any other customization have is it is residential,

Your UDO form (If you have registered it) can always run with/without your addon running.

If you rely the form validation on your addon then you will get junk data inside because user can add any data into it without validation (remember the form can be open without addon running).

On the other hand, the DLL is always running with the SBO. Your Business Logic will always be enforced.

Agree with you that it looks like it is now left behind by SAP. My conclusion is that the B1UDOApi.lib was only built for 32bit.

Since the 64bit version of SBO, if they intend to support this, there are few things that they need to change. First thing come to mind is the registration of the this DLL it self. Currently it supports only one version in the table OUDO.

The fact that it is a C++ only and because of this barrier not many developer are leveraging this feature, make it now really obsolete

If you were to ask me, I would actually prefer moving all the event handling into the DLL if possible, instead of the current implementation. The current implementation only supports handing of OnAdd, OnUpdate, OnCancel, OnDelete and a custom invoke method.

I would just leave this thread open and see if anybody from SAP would confirm on this.

Regards

Edy

Answers (0)