cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Adding new user/password with esp_cluster_admin

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I'am trying at the moment to add the first workspace to my cluster.

For this i used the tool esp_Cluster_admin with the default user "espsysusr". But the user has not the needed permissions.

So i added a new user with the requiered permissions:

grant permissions all to user admin1

And here comes my Problem: How can i set a password for this new user "admin1"?

With the tool "keytool" I also created a keystore for the user "admin1" and deployed it in esp_cluster_admin. Sadly without success.

Thanks,

Matthias

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

espsysusr is like a security officer, it can only grant permissions to users.  espsysusr can't do anything else like running a project or creating a workspace.

If you selected "Native OS", RSA, Kerberos or "SAP BI" authentication scheme during installation (see Authentication) users and their passwords do not exist inside the ESP cluster.  The users that you authenticate to ESP with need to be valid users per the authentication scheme you selected during the installation.

So if you chose "Native OS" and installed on Linux, "admin1" would need to be a valid user on Linux.  Also, on Linux there are some post-installation tasks that you need to complete for this to work:

Configuring a Pluggable Authentication Module (PAM)

If this is on Windows, the default configuration of the cluster makes it easiest (and in some cases required) to append the domain name on to the user you are authenticating:

If you are authenticating a valid Windows user belonging to a Windows domain, the format is:

username@domain

If you are authenticating a local Windows user who does not belong to a domain, the format is:

username@pc_name

So when you grant permission to the Windows user it looks like this:

esp_cluster_admin --uri=esp://hostname:19011 --username=espsysusr --password=cluster_password

> grant perm all to user username@domain

Thanks,

Neal

Answers (0)