Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Need help in F4IF_INT_TABLE_VALUE_REQUEST

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi experts,

I have used  F4IF_INT_TABLE_VALUE_REQUEST  function module for field SORTL from LFA1 table.

Now my problem is when we assign search help then we get multiple selection button in f4 help.

But while using F4IF_INT_TABLE_VALUE_REQUEST for f4 multiple selection does not appear.

code i used for F4IF_INT_TABLE_VALUE_REQUEST is below.

form F4HELP .
select DISTINCT sortl from lfa1 into CORRESPONDING FIELDS OF TABLE it_f4.
CALL FUNCTION 'F4IF_INT_TABLE_VALUE_REQUEST'
   EXPORTING
     retfield               = 'SORTL'
     DYNPPROG               = SY-REPID
     DYNPNR                 = SY-DYNNR
     DYNPROFIELD            = 'S_SORTL'
     VALUE_ORG              = 'S'
     MULTIPLE_CHOICE        = 'X'
   TABLES
     value_tab              = IT_F4
     RETURN_TAB             = T_RETURN
IF SY-SUBRC = 0.
   S_SORTL-SIGN = 'I'.
   S_SORTL-OPTION = 'EQ'.
   LOOP AT T_RETURN.
     S_SORTL-LOW = T_RETURN-FIELDVAL.
     APPEND S_SORTL.
     clear s_sortl.
   ENDLOOP.
ENDIF.
endform.                    " F4HELP

Kindly help.

Regards,

Sandeep

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sandeep,

In your first case where you see the MULTIPLE SELECTION button, is it a report with select-options?

Both the things are different.

Is there any reason why you think the F4 FM should present you with the Multiple Selection option?

Regards

8 REPLIES 8

rosenberg_eitan
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

When using multiple_choice:

See

Regards.

0 Kudos

Hi Eitan,

thank you for ur suggestion but problem is still there. User need multiple selection button.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sandeep,

In your first case where you see the MULTIPLE SELECTION button, is it a report with select-options?

Both the things are different.

Is there any reason why you think the F4 FM should present you with the Multiple Selection option?

Regards

0 Kudos

Hi abhijit.

In first case multiple selection button is present because search help is assigned in vendor field but in second case i have using F4IF_INT_TABLE_VALUE_REQUEST fm for f4 help.

Now, in standard f4 help it shows multiple selection. I need the same push button in my second case.

User need multiple selection option in search help. And when I used F4IF_INT_TABLE_VALUE_REQUEST and assigned 'X' in multiple_choice user get check boxes  but when he selects multiple values then it doesn't shows in single range fields.

I hope u understood what i am trying to explain.

SINGLE VALUE TAB IS EMPTY.

0 Kudos

The values are returned in RETURN_TAB. Can you let me know which is the first transaction/program where you see the multiple selection option?

0 Kudos

both the select option is in a same program but the difference is that in lifnr i do not need f4 help because search help is all ready assigned in lifnr table but in sortl field i have to use FM for f4 help.

before using FM I created search help for sortl field and assigned that SH using match code but the problem is that search help shows duplicate value also as it shows according to lifnr.

could u tell me if there is any way to delete duplicate values from search help.

Moreover I have used return tab also. u can see my program i pasted with screen shot.

0 Kudos

Hi,

If you prefer to use your own search help

You can take over the search logic and remove duplicates.

Using "Search help exit"

See function F4IF_SHLP_EXIT_EXAMPLE  

Regards.

0 Kudos

i tried this logic before ur post and it worked but still u tnx for your help and sent reward points .