cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Messages stuck with status "WAITING"

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Everyone,

We have implemented PI interface a year ago with JDBC sender (ORACLE) and RFC receiver (SAP) to transfer the goods movements from legacy to SAP and give back the current stock after the goods movement is posted back to ORACLE system.

The interface has been working fine for over an year now but suddenly since 15days we are experiencing the issue of delays in message transmission where-in in SXMB_MONI we see a time difference of 60-90mins between start message start time and end time...

Nothing has been changed from development/design perspective and am unable to understand the reasons for this delay.

Also for the above scenario the message status in MESSAGE MONITORING shows waiting status and i have cross verified for any errors and could not find any errors in given time.

also MDT Screen shot for your reference

I am struggling to figure out the reasons and this is causing stock mismatch between Oracle system and SAP and has become show stopper.

Please guide me in identifying the root cause and fixing this...

Thanking you all in anticipation of help...

Lakshmi

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

former_member203641
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi LN,

Please help with more details so that it is better for analysis

Your scenario and PI configurations

Is your scenario synchronous or is it two asynchronous interfaces through proxy ?

What is the poll interval which you have set in JDBC sender ? If the poll interval is short then also it may be occupying all the threads of JDBC adapter and message status is set to "Waiting"

Do you have JDBC receiver as well ?

Are you using any of the below options in JDBC sender or receiver ?

JDBC Sender

JDBC Receiver

Thanks,

Amit

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Amit,

Ours is JDBC - RFC scenario

sender poll interval is 10sec.

yes, we have jdbc receiver as well to update the sap current stock after successful posting of movement back into oracle system.

we are not using any of the advanced options... can see below

former_member203641
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

In that case are you using Request Response bean in the module tab of JDBC sender ? as I understand RFC is synchronous.

Are you using ICO or classic configurations(i.e Sender Agreements etc) ?

If you are using ICO then probably the problem could be with Receiver JDBC as until the receiver JDBC completes the process of updating the database the status of sender JDBC cannot be turned to DLVD. I beleive your receiver JDBC also points to same database as sender is querying to.

I would suggest try to check if this gets resolved by using Advanced mode features like "Transaction Isolation level"(pls consult database team for more feasiblity of options there) and "Disconnect from Database after processing each message"

Also,

It would be better if you can provide Audit log for message in waiting status from JDBC sender and receiver channels.

Thanks,

Amit

Bhargavakrishna
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Lakshmi,

These type of errors occurred when the target is not reachable or down...

Did you check in moni if there are any messages failed with status " system Error" identify and clear the queues. and resend the message..

Regards

Bhargava Krishna

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes Bhargava,

as i mentioned i could not find any errors in moni and also the RFC has posted the goods movement and returned the Latest stock situtation...

However the same is not completed and still in waiting status leading to accumulation of records in queue delaying the next record processing

Lakshmi

claudia_liszy
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Lakshmi,

have you checked SMQ2/SMQ1 - XBTO1_0004 whether the queue has run into error, for example in sysfail?

Regards

Claudia

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi Claudia,

I have cross verified both and as you can see there are no errors

a

and finally the XML

couldn't figure out why this delay happening... One thing after an hour or so... the things get cleared as one in executing state finishes leading to others to finish.. but by then they are getting accumulated 

Appreciate any guidance to figure out the root cause...

Thanks in advance

lakshmi

claudia_liszy
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Iakshmi,

Is the first message unusally large? What happens if you save the first message to SMQ3? Are the subsequent messages processed normally?

Regards

Claudia

Former Member
0 Kudos

No Claudia,

all messages are almost same size and they are short ones only... that doesnt help either