How to integrate SAP IDM with SAP Portal
We need to integrate SAP IDM with SAP Netweaver Portal,
So can you please share the essential documents or suggest me how to do that.
Ridouan Taibi replied
1. Install IDM e.g. Database, Runtime, Design Time, VDS, etc..
2. Install SAP NW Portal or AS JAVA (preferably 7.3 EhP1 or higher)
3. Deploy SAP IDM Webdynpro Application
4. Deploy the DB drivers and create a data source for IDM (IDM_DataSource) in Application Resources.
5. Create a Portal role and assign Spml_Write_Action to it and assign it to a technical user that can be used to connect from IDM.
6. Create a repository for your Portal system and provide all required information.
7. Create an Initial Job for your Portal system based on NW AS JAVA (DB/LDAP).
8. Run the initial Job to load users, roles and groups.
9. Create a Business Role in IDM and assign it the IDM_User Portal role for example.
10. Assign the newly created business role to a new user and this user should be created in your portal.