Career Corner Discussions
Join the conversation in the Career Corner group to ask career-related questions, find approaches to building skills, and seek career advancements.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Career in SAP for a Mechanical Engineer ?

mllkrjun
Discoverer
0 Kudos

Hi,

I'm a Mechanical Engineer who just started with SAP having 10 months of experience in PP module.

Presently I'm on working on.

1. Creation of BOM (Bill of Materials), for manufacturing of home appliance.

2. Rate Routing.

3. Production Version.

4. Making changes & corrections in BOM.

So my question is

1. How well can I make SAP as my career.

2. What are other things i can learn in PP module.

3. Is there any Course that i can do.

4. What other module i can learn.

2 REPLIES 2

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mallikarjun,

1. How well can I make SAP as my career.

Stay with SAP PP module for minimum of 3 years to understand end to end manufacturing business processes.  Again, each industry differs like discrete manufacturing, process manufacturing etc.  Learning one industry manufacturing is vast, so you need minimum three years to understand the whole business processes.  SAP Career is always good because SAP is a leader in ERP market. So, we have a good future in this.

2. What are other things i can learn in PP module.

Try to learn planning side like Demand Planning, Capacity Planning which may lead you to learn SAP APO module in future.

3. Is there any Course that i can do.

Check this https://training.sap.com/shop/certification/p_prod_65-sap-certified-application-professional---produ... and SAP Production Planning training

4. What other module i can learn.

Plant Maintenance, Quality Management and Materials Management are tightly integrated with SAP PP.  You can learn these module to hold multi-skill set.

Regards

GGOPII

0 Kudos

Thank you Mr.Gopi