cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Special Procurement and In-House Production on the same plant?

former_member706977
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi All,

There is a Plant A and Plant B. Plant A makes its own stock of material Z and sometimes gets it from Plant B as well through STO. For such cases where a plant gets stock from another stock, we have a special procurement type configured with the supplying plant. Now in material Z's master record (Plant A) I need in-house (E) and external (F) both WITH special procurement type. So I used X (both) and special procurement type. I got a warning that F is required. Saved it. Now when I enter a PIR on Plant A and run MRP, it directly made an STPO for Plant B instead of scheduling production at Plant A itself. There is no fixed criteria except capacity, Iguess. How can I solve this?

Thanks.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

marianoc
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Bilal,

The problem is that if you assign the Procurement type X and Special Procurement type (for you STO plant relationship), the system will give priority to the Special Procurement type.

Check transaction OMD9. You will see that in the special procurement type defined by you, there is a special procurement type U stock transfer which is having Procurement type F. This is why even when you have the Procurement type X in the material master, the system gives priority to the Special Procurement type for Stock transfer.

I suppose you can use Quota Arrangment.. here you have to assign the procurement type and this quota has priority over the material master.

Kind Regards,

Mariano

former_member706977
Participant
0 Kudos

That makes sense. How do I use the quota arrangement?

marianoc
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Bilal,

There are lot of information about this Quota arrangement in the web, in help.sap.com, in SCN community and many other places on the Internet.

According to the rules of engagement, you should search before asking:

I put SAP Quota arrangement in google and here you have links with screenshots, documentation, etc..all about quota. E.g.:

Quota Arrangements - Material Requirements Planning (PP-MRP) - SAP Library

Your post will be rejected by the moderator if you don't follow this rules.

So please try with Quota and if that resolves your issue, please close this thread. If you have specific doubts about the Quota, you can open a thread, but try to find the response by your own before posting.

Kind Regards,

Mariano

Caetano
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hello

See note 1508647 for the frequent issues related to quota arrangement.

BR

Caetano

Answers (0)