Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error while creation financial document while cancellation

former_member299860
Participant
0 Kudos

Dear all,

After reversing the invoice, the financial accounting document is not getting saved. It is giving error message to select a particular number range. But after this invoice a few more invoices were reversed and the system has not issued any error messages and financial document also has been generated successfully. Now I want to debug the program to check what could have went wrong while generating this particular invoice with the error message.

Request you to advice me when exactly does the system assigns the number internally to the financial document to set the break point at that level and hence probably will be able to resolve the issue. I have tried to take the help of my abaper but am unsuccessful in finding out the error. please do the needful.

Thanks,

Andy.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Andy,

I think there might be some technical issues happned in your system,  If you are still getting the same message please check the document type which you have posted the invoice.  For example if your invoice posted with SA document type,  Please go to OBA7 and check the number ranges which you have assign to that doc type.

Normally there is no need to create a saperate number range for reversal document,  in every doc type includes a reversal document type in its properties.  so the same number ranges will be applied for the both transactions.

Regards.

Ahemmed

former_member299860
Participant
0 Kudos

Dear Ahemmed,

Thanks for the reply. There is a new document type created for the reversal of invoice as in the standard document type AB is assigned to RV as the reverse document type.

And USEREXIT_NUMBER_RANGE USING US_RANGE_INTERN (INTERNAL NUMBER RANGE) is used to assign number based on the Sales organization (VKORG), Plant (WERKS) and billing document type (FKART).

Thanks,

Andy

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Andy,

So you are still facing the issue! Ok could you please provide me the Error discription and which tcode you are using to reverse the document and also please check the RV documnet is allowed for all the Accounts like Assets, vendors, customers,Material, and GL accounts in same OBA7. Thank you.

Regards,

Ahemmed

former_member299860
Participant
0 Kudos

Dear Ahemmed,

The error message is pasted below

VF11 is the T-code used for cancellation of the invoice.

And for document type RV, please find the screen shot below

For reverse document type VR,

Thanks,

Andy

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Andy,

Please check the status of current number range whether it has been elasped. You assigned this number range to the Document type which you have created. The status of Number range you can check in FBN1.Or click on number range information in OBA7

Kindly provide the screenshot of the error.

Thanks and Regards,

Bhuvana

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Andy,

Please check the below link, I hope you get the solution.  Thank you.

http://scn.sap.com/thread/1545215

Regards,

Ahemmed

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Andy,

One more thing,  Please correct the document type properties.

1) If Doc type Number range is 00 then VR doc type no range also 00 should not be 71 or vise versa.

2) RV doc type is allowed for Assets,customers and GL

3) VT doc type is allowed for Customers, Material and GL. why this difference.

Please correct the properties as same in both doc types and check the number ranges are assigned to 00 or 71.  If you assigned the number range to 71 then please set that number in both document types.

Thank you,

Ahemmed

former_member299860
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Anemmed,

And thanks.. I could save release the cancelled invoice to accounting and the accounting document is generated. But there is one issue that is, this cancelled invoice is not showing the original invoice reference. I mean to say is that it is not showing 'Reversed document for' & 'Reversed by'. What could be the reason for this?

Regards..

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Go to the original sale order and check the entire document flow.  Share here what system is showing

G. Lakshmipathi

former_member299860
Participant
0 Kudos

Please find the document flow

regards!

former_member299860
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Laxmipathi,

Could you guide me on this please?

Regards!

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I could see from your document flow both your parent billing document and cancelled document reference.  Please let me know what is your issue still?

G. Lakshmipathi

former_member299860
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Laxmipathi,

well the accounting document showing as 'not cleared'

Regards!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Andy,

Please raise a new Issue with sufficient information.  Lets other also view your questions to help you more.  Thank you.

Regards,

Ahemmed

former_member299860
Participant
0 Kudos

Thanks Ahemmed for the support, will do that.

Best Regards..!

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Lucas,

i would suggest to you if it is really issue is coming for number range then plz goto OBA7 n check for RV document type for invoice n as well as number range , then go to FBN1 and find out the same number ranger n write down which number is current then please again try to reverse the invoice n check in FBN1 number range has been pick next one if it so .

then it means your number range has been terminated so this case you need to change your number from status in FBN1

siva_vasireddy2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

plz can you provide the screen shot of the error along with error message