cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to See the values for a variable .. Defined with the combination of If & IsNull..

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Techies,

For one of my formula calculations , I have defined the variables at Report level .

And I am unable to see any values for the same ..

Well my formula for calculation is X(Variable) = A*B/C (A,B&C are the measures)

and I have defined my variable as X = If(IsNull[C]);0;(SUM((A)*(B/C)) )

And now my query is that, though the values of [C](measure) are null, the variable is not showing Zero in the cell..

I have selected the number format of the cell as Number (0.00) and even from the Properties of the cell , I have checked the box to show null values..

Please suggest me on this....

I am working on BOXI 3.1

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

kohesco
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

"isnull" is not meaning "is null", databases set "0" for empty fields, so actually it means "is empty"

check out the same table with =isnull(KF)

check out the first row and you see that the value for september is "0" in all cases   (zero or not)

so if you want to check "is null"

=If C = 0 Then 0 Else X

or

= If C = 0 OR isnull(C)=1 Then 0 Else X

grtz

Koen

kohesco
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

HI, is it solved yet ?

arijit_das
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

can you explain this with some screenshots ? It looks like issue with defining context for variable X.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Arijit,,

There is nothing that is related to Context over here, Because I am developing this report on the universe which contains only 3 tables and, there is no Picture of Context here....

Can you please explain me, what I need to take care If I have any contexts at my universe level...

Thanks in Advance....

arijit_das
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I am talking about calculation context for measure, not universe contexts. Please provide some screenshots to describe your issue.