Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Difference between User Exits And Custome Exits

vikash_pathak
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I have Some Confusion About User Exits And Custome Exits, i got a lot of ans. but i am not cleared

i know that User Exits Are based on routine And Customer exit On FM,

but what is the major difference between Both, when Should we prefer USER Exits And should we prefer

for Customer Exits

Thanks

Vikash

5 REPLIES 5

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

user-exits used by SAP for example in module SD (sales and distributions).

Look at include MV45AFZZ. You can see some  routines (empty by default) where you can write abap code.

Customes-exits is FM, called by "call customer function" in standard functionality

and must be activated in SMOD/CMOD t-code.

venuarun
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Vikash,

Please refer this link

Regards

Arun VS

former_member289261
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Userexits are subroutines present in an include program of the main program which have to be implemented using enhancement point.

Also, all the global data of the main program is available inside the subroutine which can be changed.

Customer-Exit are function modules called at specific points in the main program. In the function module Z include is provided where the code has to be written.

As it is a function module, the only data available is that is imported using the interface of the function module and only data that can be changed is the which will be passed back in exporting or tables parameter of the function module interface.

Hope this clears the basic fundamentals.

Regards,

Ashish

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

use the following link it may be helpful

Regards

Mukesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

This topic has been covered countless times - please try to search properly before posting content that has been discussed already.  Try this custom Google search as a starter Google Custom Search- SAP Community Network Search

<Thread locked>