cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Solution Manager 7.1 Install, next steps

Former Member
0 Kudos

I completed the install of Solution Manager 7.1 on Windows x64/SQL Server, I've read through the master installation guide, but I'm not certain what the next steps will be to get initial configuration done.  I've read multiple posts that mention running SOLMAN_SETUP from SAP GUI, but at present I can't seem to log in, because it seems to require a SAP Router?

Question is do I really need the SAP Router, am I using the correct software (SAPGUI/SAPLOGON) to login?  Is there another piece of software I need?

Ultimately I need to install ERP 6.0 however I can't complete that install without a key from solution manager, so I'll need to get this sorted first.

I'd greatly appreciate a push in the right direction. Thank you!

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I think the login in through SAP GUI is not a issue but the SAP Router is required for the system to be connected sap marketplace for oss connection service.

Goto SMSY tcode, Add you new system and then right click on it and go to other objects and

generate key, enter your host name sid systemnuber and then generate the key.

Thanks

divyanshu_srivastava3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Ibrahim,

You should be able to login and the 1st ting you have to do is to perform a client copy after doing standard post-instillation steps.

Refer - 1630984 - Which Client Copy options to use for SAP Solution Manager to create a new Client ?

Refer - Your installation guide.

Also - once all above done - start with solman_setup Home - SAP Solution Manager Setup - SCN Wiki

Regard,

Divyanshu

divyanshu_srivastava3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

And yes, for generating key use LMDB - not SMSY

Refer - 1888840 - How to generate installation keys in Solution Manager 7.1

Regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for the response, I did manage to get connected, after a while of searching I found that the listeners were not started for some reason, which I started, and I found a resource that detailed how to get logged in via SAPLogin. 

This was prior to your response unfortunately, so I have already started down the path of running SOLMAN_SETUP without creating a client copy.  From what I'm reading in the article you linked, that's a best practice of sorts, but for us it will not be so important as our interest is in a development system only and have no production use planned at any time.  If it's not too late to create the copy I can still do so if it's going to ultimately benefit the installation.

I ran into some issues going through the system preparation in solman_setup, now that I've read the article you've listed I'm still confused if I need SAP Router or not, I would greatly prefer not to use it as it seems to require additional network/DMZ setup and this is sort of a rush project at the moment.  Furthermore the guide you linked for SOLMAN_SETUP references a prerequisite that RFC Destination SAPOSS uses a working connection, which again seems to rely on the SAP Router.  I'm very interested in knowing if I can avoid that step, but if it's absolutely necessary something can be done.

I've gone through the System Preparation guide, unfortunately SP10 seems to be the latest version so I'm not sure how much of this is redundant now in SP12. 

Other questions:

- LMDB seems to replace SLD but still requires a functional SLD?  I opted to configure a local SLD during installation but I've not looked into any additional configuration needed to be done here, is there a good article that explains SLD?

I just need to get far enough along to generate the key to get ERP up and running ultimately, thanks for the help.

divyanshu_srivastava3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

I will be short with my answers.

I'm still confused if I need SAP Router or not

You need it.. For many reasons.

For eg. When using MOPZ to download stack and approve patches in download basket. For opening a remote connection. For EWA etc.

I've gone through the System Preparation guide, unfortunately SP10 seems to be the latest version so I'm not sure how much of this is redundant now in SP12. 

Steps are same to configure SP10 and SP12 with minor changes that you can get from SAP notes and help.sap.com

LMDB seems to replace SLD but still requires a functional SLD?

It is replacing SMSY and is the central source of landscape information where data is loaded by SLD also

Regards,

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ibrahim,

Router setup is very important because you need to download master note which contains hundreds of notes. So to download and apply all these notes router setup is important. Otherwise, you need to do it manually which is lot of time consuming.

Regards,

Sudheer