cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

how to use copy default values for material from vendor master in Account Group

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear all:

In define AccountGroup for vendor ,there is a field named DURAS which means default values,who can tell me how to use it?

Any informations are appreciated!

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I could not get field you have mentioned in change vendor account group.Can you pl.tell path you have used or system you are using.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Swathi,

Menupath:

Spro->IMG->Logistics General->Business partner->Vendors->Control-> Define Account groups &field selection.

Regards

Subbu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Subburam and Patra

Thanks for your help!

I found that the value in vendor master data can always be copy to PIR even I let the field blank --do not transfer any data.So is it a bug?

JL23
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

the field is about default values for material

go in your vendor master purchasing org view. there is a section for material, it has the fields purchasing group, planned delivery time, confirmation control key, unit of measure group, rounding profile.

This field just controls if the values of this section are copied or not

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Jurgen:

I have made the field in account group for blank,then create a PIR,the value in vendor master data for purchasing group,planned delivery time still can be copy to PIR automaticly.Should we do any other settings? 

And my another questions is:  I can understand the section value copy to PIR,but when do the value copy to material master data?

Thanks!

JL23
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

are you certain that those values in your test are not taken from the material master?

The value will never go from vendor master to material master. Those values will be used if the material master is not maintained for it.

For example the purchasing group from vendor master is only used in a scenario where the material master is without purchasing group.

I have not identified any business case in 17 years with SAP where a purchasing group from vendor master is used

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes,I'm sure the data in PIR is copy from vendor master.

And no matter what key I set,blank, A or B or C or D or E or F,the value will always copy form vendor master data.

JL23
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

then you need to open a ticket at SAP, dont forget to give us update when it is solved

former_member183424
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Have you read the SAP documentation ?

I think the explanation is already there for this field.

Please press F1 on this field or go to SE11 and enter the field name, press display then select as below:

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Katherine,

I have tried using default value as B in the customizing

If i maintain default values in the vendor master record, it will automatically adopt in the purchase info record.

Here i tried using sales person & telephone no field in vendor master record & it automatically adopts to purchase info record.

Region sales person and telephone no i have maintained in vendor master record, it automatically fetches to info record for the particular account group. I am not sure if there is any relation between vendor master and material master record.

Regards

Subbu.