Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cancel 101 movement with Inspection lot of closed financial period

Private_Member_19084
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi experts,

we are having the following problem.

We have a 101 movement with creation of Inspection lot, which was done in a finance period which is already closed.

Now I have to cancel this movement, but I get the error M7021 with VOR, which means that I am not allowed to cancel it, because of the period is already closed.

But we also can not open the period.

Which possibilities do I have?

Maybe MI10 movement?

Kind regards

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

BijayKumarBarik
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Why you want cancel the document posted with 101 movement for quality Inspection?

As period already closed and you do want this material but material posted with 101 movement type  where material is in quality stock.Better with user decision in QA32, bring that material to unrestricted stock.

Now you can create a return PO and send that material to vendor but material transactions will be posted in new period.

Regards,

Biju K

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

JL23
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Could you please post the entire error message

There is nothing as good as real facts.

M7021 is a very flexible message with a lot variables, any single character of this message is important towards a solution, and I am curious too, since I never saw a VOR in this message.

It is a black or white thing, if it is is really only the period, then you can ask to get it opened again or you have to post into the current period.

Private_Member_19084
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Jürgen,

thank you for your help.

I am confused now.
Becasue normally I am logged on in german and now I did check the english one.

Deficit of BA St. in QI prev. 127 M2 : "material number" 0001 "sloc" "batch"

But here I get QI prev, but in the F1 help there is no QI or prev.

In german I get VOR and there in the F1 help it is written, that VOR is previous period (so I think equal to PR in english).

Now I am a bit confused.

But anyway, the thing is that we have to empty the stock.

Kind regards for every help, I think there is no possibility to cancel that booking as the period is closed.

@ Biju K, to be honest your way would really be the only correct way, but at the current situation it is a bit special.

I will do a MI10 booking.

JL23
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

The message is telling you that you have less stock in the previous period than you actually want to reverse, this message does not tell whether the period is closed or open.

The message is tight to the combination of the stock status, material, plant storage location and batch.

You are probably doing a MBST for a quality managed material, hence SAP wants to reverse QI stock, but if the inspection lot was already released, then you did not have any QI stock at the end of the last period. See MCHB record last period field CVMIN.

if the previous period is open / or when you want to post in the current period, then follow the approach that I gave in