Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to create Safety belt option at dataprovider or Query level

former_member214778
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi All,

One of our Bex Query is throwing an error message as it is crossing the threshold value of 1 lac 50 thousand cells which was maintained at RSADMIN table. I tried modifying the query by placing free characteristics here and there but no luck. Hence I would like to know is there any way to increase the safety belt limit of the rows at dataprovider or at particular Query level.

Workbooks/ creating OHD on top of query are back of mind but I want to know is there any other solution.

Regards,

Sai

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

KodandaPani_KV
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

in rows panel how many objects are using if your are using more objects if yes please move to rows panel to free char panel.

then run the query in bex analyzer and RSRT.

Thanks,

Phani.

former_member194898
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

I would think about creating a simple VB code checking whether a cell (you know how many rows can be displayed in your query) is filled with value after data was loaded. 

But I've never tried to create such thing.

Regards, Leszek

former_member214778
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Phani,

We have only 8 objects in rows out of which 4 are characteristics and other 4 are Navigational attributes. So Even I tried shuffling them across rows to free characteristics but it didnt solve the issue. Any other thoughts. Is there any way in BW that we can restrict safefy belt limit selection based upon the query level/ data provider level.

Regards,

Sai

former_member194898
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

To be 100% sure that number of cells hasn't been exceeded a query counting records should be run first. Then the main query displaying data might be run by appropriate abap code - depending on the number of cells hasn't been exceeded. 

What do you think ?

Regards, Leszek