cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Change Agentry Server Settings on the Agentry Client Device

Former Member
0 Kudos

I'm developing an Agentry app and am testing the app on a device (Motorola MC75 Windows Mobile) connecting to the development server running on my laptop. Both devices are connected to the same network.

On Friday after I installed the client and launched the Agentry app (v6.0.46.0) it prompted me for server connection information. Since my laptop has a DHCP assigned IP address it has changed today but the Agentry client is still trying to connect to the old address.

How can I access the server settings on the client to point it to the new server address?

Thanks,

Dave

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

The recommend way would be to clear the client.  Also, when you put in the servername I would recommend using the Machine name instead of the IP so this doesn't happen.

Stephen

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Stephen. Since I'm new to Agentry I just want to clarify: are you saying I should remove the Agentry client and reinstall it? I'll definitely change the server name to the machine name. I was just wondering if there was an option like there is in the ATE to reset the test client.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I replaced the IP address with the host name in the ATE but it fails to connect. I can ping the host name from the command prompt. If I use the IP address it connects.

Thanks,

Dave

Marçal_Oliveras
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Dave,

Try Full Qualified Name.

Regarding the reset, I'm not sure about Windows Mobile, but Android and IOS versions have an option in the initial screen to reset the client. I guess for Windows should be the same

Former Member
0 Kudos

The WPF client has a Reset Client option, but WinCE, Win32, ATE does not.  To clear the client you need to close the client and delete all the folder and files execpt any SST, EXE, and DLL files.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Stephen,

When I was poking around the file system via ActiveSync (I feel like I'm in a time warp working with Windows Mobile again) I noticed the agentry.ini file contained the IP address of the server. Could I have just modified that instead of clearing the device?

Anyway the machine name is now working for the Windows Mobile device to the Agentry server. For some reason it isn't working for my iPhone or iPad but the IP address is and I can easily reset the client on those devices.

By the way the Agentry Test Environment (v6.0.46.0) does have a Reset Test Client menu option under Test.

Thanks again,

Dave

Former Member
0 Kudos

Why yes it could work changing the ini, it is not recommend.

I have seen the Reset Test Client crash the ATE before if a file is lock why it tries to clear it.

Stephen.

Former Member
0 Kudos

OK thanks. I'll avoid using the IP address in development.

I did experience some instability on my PC, mainly with the Agentry Editor in Eclipse. Restarting Eclipse usually cleared that up but at one point I had to reboot my PC as the Admin client and the ATE had become unresponsive.

Answers (0)