cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

UOM Error in SNC PO XML

Former Member
0 Kudos

When sending ORDERS05 IDOC from ECC, the UOM for product is SF (not FT2). We have set up SF in the TCode CUNI in SNC to mirror FT2 and removed the ISO code from FT2. We should only have one ISO code FTK and it should be associated to SF. However, I am getting the following error when processing the IDOC and/or SAPXML:
     <severity>error</severity>

<text>Item 00001 net price: Unit of measure for base quantity is invalid</text>

<id>147(/SCA/BIF_ORDER)</id>
I need guidance on where to find the source of the error. I attached the SAP XML for this message.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Michele,

The UOM FT2 is the standard accepted in SCM. There is a simple bypass that you could use.

In XI / PI, put a logic in that when u get the UOM as SF, change to FT2. Bingo!! the problem goes away.

Its a cone time effort and handles all similar issues..

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Michele,

Have you checked Primary code for UOM SF?

ISO code manialy used in EDI communication.

If you have ISO code assigned to more than 1 UOM then system won't able to convert as it won't give single result and we get failed RON_IN xml message with UOM error.

Regards,

Nikhil

Former Member
0 Kudos

Nikhil,

I did check to see if the ISO code was assigned to any other UOM, but it is not. I tried checking the primary UOM and that did not change anything. I can manually go into the message and change the UOM to FT2 and it goes into the system as expected and displays on the SNC screens as SF.

Since we have a middleware in place before it gets to SNC, I can ask for a conversion of the UOM as suggested by Achint.

I just wondered if there was a different place that defines UOM for pricing than CUNI.