cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Putting a production order on hold, removing capacity requirement

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have a need to temporarily remove capacity requirements from production order because there is situation on the shop floor that caused the particular order unable to move ahead.

Capacity requirement shall be re-instated when the order specific production issue is cleared.

Is there a way to update a production order to release capacity requirement yet allowing changes to production order routing? I tried "LOCK" production orders but that will not allow me to change anything in the order.

Can I set up a user status + user exit to remove the capacity requirement? If so, how to?

Thanks all in advance!!!

Regards.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

At the "Control" tab of the production order header, there is a calculate capacity requirements indicator. If you uncheck this indicator and run scheduling again, system will not generate capacity requirements for the order. You can use this indicator to temporarily discard the production order from capacity planning.

Regards.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks. This appear to be the simplest solution.

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ronald,

If the production order is intended to restart again, then it is also possible to reschedule the produciton order tentatively when it is required to re-start again. Fo example, the production order is actually scheeduled for week 34, then for this scenario, the produciton order could be scheduled byeond the planning horizon. so that the capacity will be released. Or as said by kiran it is also good to change the ststus of the order to TECO temporarily. And revoke the status when the production order is required to re-start again.

Regards,

Chinna

kiran_kumar179
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Rondald,

As far as I know until order is been set to TECO or CLSD status capacity requirements can not removed in standard system.

Br

KK

0 Kudos

Hi

Capacity requirement can be deleted when the following functions are carried out.

1.The production order is set to Technically Complete.

2. The deletion flag is set for the production order

3.The production order is locked

4.The indicator capacity  requirement in the procdution order is reset  and order is rescheduled

5.The capacity requirement is reset with fucntions -----Availability check---reset cap stock

Regards,

Sadan