cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to get rid of whitespace in main report - sub report in main report group footer

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am working in crystal 9.  I have a main report with one group, the group header and details section are suppressed.  In the group footer I have a sub report.  When the sub report has just a few lines of data (i.e.not enough to fill a page) there is a gap of whitespace between the main page group header and group footer section where the sub report resides. How do I get rid of this whitespace?  It seems that my sub report that lives in the main report group footer fills in the main page from the bottom up. I would like the reverse to occur...Any help on this one would be greatly appreciated.  Here is a summary of the structure of my main report:

main report page header

main report group header (suppressed)

- details section (suppressed)

***Lots of whitespace here when there are only a few lines of data in sub report

main report group footer containing the sub report.

Thanks!

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member205840
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

HI

Also right click on the sub report and go in Format sub report-- common tab-- uncheck Keep Object together and see

-Sastry

Former Member
0 Kudos

I took all three pieces of advice, it is now working!  Thanks you guys, much appreciated.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

You need to supress report header and page header in your sub report I guess.

- Gopi

abhilash_kumar
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi x,

1) Suppress all unwanted sections of the Subreport

2) Make sure 'Print at bottom of Page' isn't checked for the Group Footer.

-Abhilash