cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Localization for Inventory Manager 4.0

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi guys,

Do you have any documentation which explain how to configure the localization on Inventory Manager 4.0? or something similar. I need to configure Spanish as an alternative language for the mobile app, but I don't know what is the procedure to configure the spanish language for inventory manager? I guess I must copy the ini files from language packs... and put these files on the same location where the other files exist... but after that I don't know what else I should do...

BR,

MC

Tags edited by: Michael Appleby

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

mark_pe
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Did you try to download the language pack with Inventory Manager? That normally comes with the example localization file already configured. It has at least 12+ different languages supported (including Spanish).

The documentation is under the Agentry Reference Manual under localization. The key is to open your agentry.ini and under configuration point to the localization files.

See some Other information:

http://wiki.scn.sap.com/wiki/display/SAPMOB/Override+Files+Translation+Requirements+for+Localization

http://scn.sap.com/docs/DOC-55777

Best Regards,

Mark Pe

SAP Senior Support Engineer (Mobility)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Yes I have it... and I see there is an ApplicationText_es.ini , ClientText_es.ini and Globals_es.ini configured for each language supported. The thing I don't know is what am I supposed to do with these files??? Replace the original ones??? or copy these ones with the _es on the name... How can I switch the language? Is just one language possible???

BR,

Mariana

mark_pe
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Mariana,

Normally you want to copy it in the same directory where you have all your ini files then modify the agentry.ini to enable it.  So with the language pack you are presented with several languages in it. It is pre-configured or translated already. In the Agentry.ini , you need to turn on the localization to specify your language (there should be an example or commented item in the agentry.ini on the syntax). All you need to do is uncomment it and provide the keyword for your language. Example: es for Spanish.

Hopefully the manual can share some light.

1. http://infocenter.sybase.com/help/index.jsp?topic=/com.sybase.infocenter.dc01931.0230/doc/html/Local...

2. SyBooks Online

3. Multi-Language Localization Method

Read the agentry.ini that comes with the language pack as an example on how it can be turned on.

Compare this with your agentry.ini and modify as needed.

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Mark Pe

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ok... let me clarify something.... I'm working with a deployed IM 4.0 mobile application, so I can't see nor manipulate the Agentry.ini file. All the manuals seems to configure something on Agentry.ini file but If i can't get the agentry ini file, How can configure the multi-language for IM 4.0? ... another thing, I've put the new files on "baseFiles" folder (see photo). But now how can I reference the new language? through javaBE.ini language parameter???

BR,

MC

Former Member
0 Kudos

In the "App Specific Settings" tab of the Management Cockpit for the Agentry Application you will see "Localization Path" and "Localization" you will fill the values here in place of the Agentry.ini.

mark_pe
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

The cockpit application settings replaces the agentry.ini or mimics the agentry.ini. So an Agentry.ini is not needed. But when SMP 3.0 is presented with an Agentry.ini it will read it (this is how it was explained to me).

Regards,

Mark Pe

SAP Senior Support Engineer (mobility)

Former Member
0 Kudos

ok & , I see it now... thank you !!! ... I have done what commented on ...

and when I saw the startup log it shows:

16:24:00 09/08/2014: Event: 20, 153, Finished loading Production application definitions for default localization

16:24:00 09/08/2014: Event: 20, 152, Loading Production application definitions for 'en' localization

16:24:03 09/08/2014: Event: 20, 153, Finished loading Production application definitions for 'en' localization

16:24:03 09/08/2014: Event: 20, 152, Loading Production application definitions for 'es' localization

16:24:07 09/08/2014: Event: 20, 153, Finished loading Production application definitions for 'es' localization

16:24:07 09/08/2014: Event: 20, 151, Finished loading Production application definitions using file "SAPIM-v1-0-0-app"

That seems to be fine... now it loads the localization (english and spanish as suggested on the other post), but when I enter to the device (physical device), the client still shows the labels in english.... The regional settings on the devices says Spanish (Venezuela).. Is this configuration on regional setting has something to do with the fact the labels still are shown in english??... the language is always like this: Spanish (Argentina), Spanish (Chile), Spanish (Venezuela)... It does not have only spanish...

BR,

MC

mark_pe
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

If your client is in Spanish most of the wording should be in Spanish unless the branding of the application has it in English. If there are additional words you need to show in Spanish, just look for the clientText-es.ini or screen*Text-es.ini and open it to see if some words in there are still in English (just do a search for the label) and you need to modify it to Spanish. Look at all the other ini files that you point to and see if you can search for the word you want in Spanish and change it manually. Then restart the Agentry Server or SMP server to see if it takes it in.  Another idea is to actually open the Agentry editor and find that label and change it to Spanish (publish and deploy).

Hope this helps.

Mark Pe

Former Member
0 Kudos

You can also look at the user log file to see what language the device says it is using and what version the server sends it. 

Stephen

Former Member
0 Kudos

Where can I find that user log?? on the device??? on the server

BR,

MC

Former Member
0 Kudos

The user log files are not on by default, they are hosted at the Server.  To turn them on, in the Cockpit, go to Logs -> Server Log Settings -> and look for "Agentry User.*"  Set it to "Debug" After enable transmit with the client and they will be in the same location as the Statup.log file. 

Stephen

Former Member
0 Kudos

I haven't tried Localization on Syclo before. However, some suggestions I can give:

1. Reset the client and try initial sync from the beginning.
  2. Change the regional settings on the device to Spanish - Spain.
  3. Verify if there's another setting on the device where you can change the language. Sometimes they have different settings for keyboard, for timezone, for interface, etc.
Former Member
0 Kudos

indeed I had to re-install the client and do the initial transmit all over again in order to get the localization... Now I'm wondering (although my initial question has been answered) if everytime i change a label on the localization I must do this (re-install the client and do the transmit) ?

BR,

Mariana

Former Member
0 Kudos

From previous experiences, there has been many occasions on which I've had to re-install the client or reset the client in order to force a UI refresh.

However, I know that there's also an option to force the update of some data (I think complex tables) when doing a Transmit. Maybe you can try this option too.

In any case, although it's very troublesome for development, it is a minor issue given that labels aren't expected to change once the solution is in production.

Former Member
0 Kudos

You shouldn't need to clear your client for just a label change, as the Agentry Server would know the applications setting where updated and push down the new version.

Answers (0)