cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I want to run "SAP" on my PC - where to start?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I'm seeking a career at a company that has "knowledge of SAP" as one of their requirements - this is for a position in Finance. I've watched some tutorials on SAP, specifically the "FI/CO" features - and thought that I would give it a try by installing it on my PC. Now, I'm technically literate - but I've never used this application, so before I start I have some questions.

• What is SAP? Specifically, is (the client side) one APP with built-in features that does all kinds of things? Or is it something like Lotus Notes, where the base app does nothing, and you need to install modules from your employer that actually do things?
  • What is the difference between SAP Netweaver Application Server, ABAP GUI, and SAP ONE? The way I understand it, I need to install and run the application server from my pc (I have Windows Server 2008 R2), and then which is my client application where I would do the actual work? The ABAP GUI or the SAP One?

This is one of the videos (SAP FICO Video Training - New General Ledger, Segment Reporting, Validations and Substitutions - You...) that I watched, and wondered if I can do that on my PC, and with what applications.

Sorry if this has been asked before, but from reading articles and other documentation I'm still unsure of where to start - and thought I'd get a definite answer here.

Thank you

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

kothandaraman_nagarajan
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

This is SAP Business one forum. Please find correct forum and repost above discussion to get quick response.

Please close this thread here with helpful answer.

Thanks & Regards,

Nagarajan