Skip to Content

Archived discussions are read-only. Learn more about SAP Q&A

How to apply EPM local members to several row axis in BPC

Hi all,

I have a file with two row axis: ACCOUNT and COCODE. Presently, they are both showing ID only. I would like to add a local member to each row axis which will display =EPMMemberDesc(xyz). This will show description and ID in separate columns. However, I cannot seem to get it right. I would like the following:

Column A: ACCOUNT ID ... row axis

Column B: =EPMMemberDesc(xyz) ... local member

Column C: COCODE ID ... row axis

Column D: =EPMMemberDesc(xyz) ... local member   

Column E: beginning of data

Would anyone know how to achieve this?

Thanks!

Tags:
Former Member
Former Member replied

Hi Marco,

Believe this is not possible using standard EPM reporting. What is required here is to be able to insert a column between the two dimensions in the row axis which is not possible.

If you try using position in Axes while creating a local member, you want this to be  inserted at a position of -1 which is not possible . It will auto convert -1 to position 1 while generating the report.

There is a dirty solution (workaround) possible. But for that one of the two dimensions in the row axis to be static.  Here your description local member for first dimension will be placed in column C (Columns A and B for the two dimensions). Column B will then be hidden and two new columns D and E will be inserted. D will refer to column B (basicaly your second dimension) and in E you will put the local member for second dimension's description.

This is a fair and very basic reporting requirement but unfortunately not supported standard.

Regards,

Ashish

1 View this answer in context
Not what you were looking for? View more on this topic or Ask a question