Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ABAP dump when attempting to Approve Working Times

Garrett_M
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello,

I am attempting to configure the Manager Self-Service, Approve Time Sheet functionality and running into an ABAP error I don't understand.  When in the Approve Time Sheets iView, I can see the employee's submitted time.  When I change the Approval drop down to Approve All and click on the Save button, I get a portal error.

Here's the ST22 report.

Now, I've seen several posts about the GETWA_NOT_ASSIGNED error and they talk about the field catalog, however none address this error as it applies to this program CL_HRMSS_AS_CATS_APPROVAL.  Can anyone shed some light on how to fix this problem or point out maybe where I've missed some configuration?  What is the field catalog being built from?

Kind Regards,

Garrett

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

siddharthrajora
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

it occurred earlier http://scn.sap.com/thread/716651 But in your case I would check all the configuration, do you get any errors in CATS_APPR_LITE while approving this request?

Garrett_M
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Siddharth,

According to my Basis team, both of these notes don't affect the release version we are on, 606 SP28.  As for the CATS_APPR_LITE, my test user manager has access to the transaction, but when I ran it, it came back as no data found which I know is not right because under my userid, if I run CATS_APPR_LITE, the employee does appear.  I'm guessing it's a security issue with CATS_APPR_LITE and was about to investigate.

As you can see in the screen shots above, the employee does show up in the manager's employee list, so that configuration is set up correctly or I wouldn't see them at all.  I had set all this up in our sandbox environment successfully and simply repeated in our development environment, so I'm puzzled as to why I'm getting different results.

Regards,

Garrett

siddharthrajora
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

We should be able to replicate this in ECC, either using CATS_DA? Can you check it with proper authorization for this employees however we did have many notes released, Please check Please apply note 2044436 1940216 MSS Approval: On Individual approval screen while approving entry when the appl 1968237 MSS: Runtime error when user navigates to individual approval screen 1968451 MSS: Runtime error when user navigates to individual approval screen

Garrett_M
Participant
0 Kudos

Here's our solution:

I worked closely with our Security team and we performed several traces to fine tune what authorizations we might need.  Even though the CATS_APPR_LITE transaction or ABAP dump and portal error didn't give us any indication that we were missing authorizations, we actually were.  We added p_pernr and p_orgin authorizations for IT0000-0002, IT0316?, IT0328?, IT2001-2003, and IT2006.   We slowly whittled at it until I could see and approve the working times in the portal function and the CATS_APPR_LITE transaction.

I don't understand why the functions needed access to IT0316 and IT0328 since we don't even use them, however they did. 

Other than trial and error, what is the best way to determine what authorizations are required to use these SAP transactions and portal applications?  It's quite frustrating to troubleshoot issues such as these.

Regards,

Garrett

siddharthrajora
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

You need to use standard delivered roles for the manager and employees and copy from there., 0316 and 0318 are required although are called virtual ITs. http://scn.sap.com/thread/3432587

Answers (0)