Skip to Content

Archived discussions are read-only. Learn more about SAP Q&A

Creating Profile type report that hold fields with multiple values

Really hoping someone can please help me out as I am very new to Crystal Reports.

We use Maximizer CRM and we have been in need of some custom reports to rule out risk for regulators. I contacted Max and they suggested the only possible way is to create through Crystal. Its been almost one month already and I still cannot for the likes of me get this report operating properly. I have been inside and out on all sorts of forums, posted topics but no luck! So I will give it one more attempt in hopes that one of you geniuses can show me the way.

In Maximizer CRM there is date, numeric, alphanumric and table. Our table fields items can be set to either single value or multi-value. So in crystal i did a default join of Client.tbl and the user-defined fields from view and joined the client id and contact number from all the view fields to client table. See Image:

and I have dragged all the relevant fields in rows (in details section) rather then columns because we would be reporting on more then 1 record at a time. My problem is - If there is a table with multiple items selected (values), the records triple in count and it will show the same record over and over with just single field value changing at a time.

The formula field you see in the image is from when I posted a discussion and Abhilash assisted me by providing the formulas I should add:

1) Create a formula with this code and place this on the Details Section:

whileprintingrecords;

stringvar s := s + {field_with_multiple_values} + ", ";

2) Next, move all the fields (except the formula field above) from the Details section to the Report Footer

3) Create a formula with this code and place this on the Report Footer. This field would replace the existing field that contains multiple values:

whileprintingrecords;

stringvar s;

Left(s, len(s)-2);

This method is not working out for this type of report. When I add the formula Crystal is still counting my 2 records as 5 records but I can only view it as a single record and the multi-field has all the values for both records and displaying as a single record. See image:

Can anyone please assist and advise where I am going wrong?

-Jared

Tags:
Former Member
Not what you were looking for? View more on this topic or Ask a question