Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

IT0210 Warning Message

Private_Member_78463
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello all,

I am receiving the following error message in infotype 0210 for maintaining NJ State W-4 information and I don't need this to come up:

I think it is coming from T5UTZ, however, in another client the table is exactly the same and the error message does not show. See the T5UTZ configuration below. Any ideas??

Thanks in advance for the help.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member235056
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Nick,

There are states like here NJ that expect to have exemptions reported on separate W-4 for state and not on FED W-4 although filing status can be still used from FED W-4.

For this we need not be input IT0210 for state on separate W-4 hence the SAP set value of 2 is input in T5UTZ which will definitely throw warning message to tell that it is optional to be input for the tax authority.

If you use 5 then it means that state information for W-4 is totally optioanl and FED W-4 can be used for filing status and exemptions information.

Thanks,

Ameet

Private_Member_78463
Participant
0 Kudos

Thanks for your input Ameet.

So does this mean I should leave hiring action as is, with two separate IT0210-State (triggered through dynamic action) and IT0210-Fed (triggered in infogroup)?

-Nick

former_member235056
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Nick,

Yes, you need not touch anything for W-4 i.e. IT0210 for states like NJ for which it is expected to have W-4 from table T5UTZ for separate expemtion.

Just skip the state for W-4 if you do not want state input for IT0210. when it appears during Hiring action.

Thanks,

Ameet

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Nick,

The given pop-up is not an error msg but a warning msg and hence, should not stop you from saving the data. Can you please confirm what exactly is the requirement ?

Regards

Neha

Private_Member_78463
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Neha,

It is just a redundant warning message for our hiring action that the client does not require.

I noticed if I changed the W-4 indicator to 5 (so it's still optional) and the Warning Message will not appear. Will this have any impact on payroll or state-mandated reporting? Otherwise, I'm thinking it will be an enhancement on the ABAP side to rid of this error message.

Let me know your thoughts,

Nick

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Nick

This data is delivered by SAP and is updated as-on basis. My suggestion is not to change it since each field has its own relevance. Even we have the same indicator for the given tax authority.

There's a reason that these warning / error messages are displayed by SAP. Is there any particular reason that you may want to deviate from the standard functionality and get rid of this message ?

P.S: The given msg is not an error message but warning message and hence should not be a hindrance to perform the action.

Regards

Neha