Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP UX strategy ??

vikas_mulay2
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Experts,

I found an interesting Question on Open SAP when i was going through it.The question seems to be unanswered/partially answered..

So thought of posting it here.

The question quoted as below

"I would like to know the strategy used by SAP to choose between classic dynpros, SAPUI5, Web Dynpro and Floorplan Manager when developing new applications??

After going to some events, reading SCN blogs and visiting SAP website it seems that Web Dynpro and Floorplan manager are not the focus anymore (btw... INHO Floorplan Manager have never been focused at all - specially when it comes to enablecustomers to use it). It seems both will still be supported but things tend to be build using HTML5/SAPUI5/Fiori from now on.  "

Adding to the existing Question i would also like to understand if SAP can really hold itself in SAP Fiori/UX in the Long run considering the fact that the other technologies are also getting updated Rapidly with Good UI?? Or Would SAP Fiori be replace with some other SAP product as WDA is currently getting replaced(May be after Couple of years)?

Each And every opinion is highly appreciated.

Cheers,

Vikas.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

I think you should start by reading and . The different UI technologies have their place.

vikas_mulay2
Participant
0 Kudos

Thanks Samuli!!!

That gives me a fair idea...The presentation is too good...

Regards,

Vikas

Former Member
0 Kudos

And we have to hope that changes in 1.8 version will be small

Answers (0)