cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Transport setup in parallel system/5-tier landscape

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

We are moving from a 3-tier (dev/QA/prod) landscape to a 5-tier to include project dev & QA systems and I'm trying to configure the relevant transport routes for this.  Currently I have added the project dev system (dev2) into the TMS and created a consolidation transport route from the original dev system (dev1) but no transports are generating in the queue, and when I try to manually add a transport (extras -> other requests -> add), I receive the below error:

"Transport control program tp ended with error code 0247

Command: ADDTOBUFFER DECK911757 YEC pf=\\vms-dec-001\sapmnt

Return code: 0247

Error text: addtobuffer has problems with data- and/or cofile

Request: DECK911757"

The aim is to have two separate transport routes that will be controlled individually, but transports being released from dev1 need to go into the queues for both QA1 and dev2.

Route 1:

dev1 --> QA1 --> prod

Route 2:

dev1 --> dev2 --> QA2

Any advice would be greatly appreciated!

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

After resolving other issues with transport set up, transport groups were required in order to achieve the dual-path/dual-track transports:

Dev1 --> CR (1 x ZSID, 1 x SAP) to QA1/Dev2 TRG --> QA1 --> DR to Prod

--> Dev2 --> CR to QA2

(CR = Consolidation Route, TRG = Transport Group, DR = Delivery Route)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

1. Could you please perform a check on system (STMS_IMPORT->Queue->Check->transport tool).

2. Check the TP log while releasing the request.

3.  Check if the given folder is included in the consolidation path created between Dev1 to Dev2.

4. Also try to activate and distribute STMS settings from Domain controler once again.

Regards,

Prithviraj

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Dan,

Is the transport directory common for all the systems including the new system (dev2)? Issue seems to be that the data/cofiles are not accessible for dev2 system. Please check this and provide your feedback. Thanks.

Regards,

Venkat.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Venkat,

Thanks for your reply.  I thought I had covered this but actually I had only ensured permission from the dev2 server to the transport domain controller's trans directory, I had not provided access for the transport domain controller to dev2.  I have now done this and am receiving a new error:

"Transport control program tp ended with error code 0208"

If I carry out the transport directory check in STMS for the dev2 system, it fails to create, read and delete test files in all of the locations.  If I log on to the transport domain controller as sidadm and go to the \\server\sapmnt share, I can navigate to the various directories and create, read and delete files fine at an OS level OK, so I'm unsure what the issue is (both sidadm and sapservicesid of the transport domain controller have access).

If I carry out the transport tool check in STMS for the dev2 system, the tp interface and rfc destination sections are 100% successful.  However, in the transport profile section the profile and version steps fail ("cannot read tp profile" / "tp profile has an invalid format") and in the tp call section the db connect and offline call steps fail ("link to database failed" / "error in transport profile").  It seems that the transport profiles cannot be opened on the dev2 server.

Any ideas?

Thanks,

Dan

Edit: further detail on the "tp profile has an invalid format" message suggests that the transport profile is not up-to-date and TMS configuration needs re-distributing - I have done this but am still receiving the same error.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi again,

I found that the DIR_TRANS profile parameter was incorrect so after fixing this I can now see the transport queue, and I can manually add transports to it.  However, when transports are released in dev1 they only appear in the queue for qa1, not in dev2.  What can I do to ensure transports being released appear in both the qa1 and dev2 transport queues?

Thanks,

Dan

Reagan
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Do they all belong to the same transport group ?

Tx STMS - System Overview - Select the system and check the "Communication" tab

Regards

RB

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi RB,

Yes, I can confirm that they all belong to the same transport group.

Cheers,

Dan