cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SMP 3.0 - smp_crt.cer

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

When we install the SMP 3.0, smp_crt.cer is automatically created and the name is contains seem to be the FQDN of the server on which the SMP server was installed.

So while connecting from the Agentry Client, one is supposed to use this URL - https://{servername}:8081/{sub-url}

And the 'servername' must match what is on the certificate SMP 3.0 is using.

Is there a way we can modify the name which is contained in the smp_crt.cer, so that we can use a different name in the URL as well.

I am asking this because when we try to connect from external networks, the FQDN of the server might not be resolved.

Kindly help.

Regards

Ankur

Tags edited by: Michael Appleby

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

bill_froelich
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Ankur,

Yes, you can easily regenerate the certificate using an alternate (external) name or IP address.

Please see the document http://scn.sap.com/docs/DOC-55932 for more details on the process.

--Bill

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Bill

Thank you so much. It really helped. I was debugging this issue for long. And this solved my issue.

Now from my ATE I am able to connect. No issues.

From my iPhone App, I am facing this error - Unexpected disconnection from server (11).

These two things might not be linked. But I tried uninstalling the app, restarted the phone. It doesn't work.

Kindly help.

Regards

Ankur

Former Member
0 Kudos

If this is not happening right at the start of the transmit it could be a different issue, and I would recommend updating a different thread as it is different.

Stephen.

Former Member
0 Kudos

It is happening right at the start of the transmit.

Requesting public key from the Server

Unexpected disconnection from Server(11)

Connection Failed.

Ending transmission.

And a follow up question on the certificate.

We need to install it at the client level right for the client to be able to connect to the Server.

So if we are using iPhones, We need to install this certificate on every iPhone. Is this correct?

For my testing, I installed the certificate using iPhone Configuration Utility.

But in production, how can we do it for so many users, specially if we don't have an Mobile Device Management software in place.

Regards

Ankur

Former Member
0 Kudos

Are you using correct version of the iOS client?  There are 3 Agentry clients on the AppStore, you need to use the Agentry_v7 client.

Stephen

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes I am using the correct version. 7.0.4.203

bill_froelich
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Ankur,

Yes, if you are generating your certificate using the process I gave you it will need to be installed on every iPhone. Personally I just email the certificate to myself and from the mail app on the device I just click on it to install it.  Not perfect but much easier than the iPhone Configuration Utility.

The other option is to purchase a certificate from a trusted third party and use that on your server.  Since the devices already trust certificates from the authority there is no need to install any certificate on the device.  This has the downside of costing money for the cert.

The error 11 appears to be a different issue since to get to the Requesting public key you have already validated the server certificate.

--Bill

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Bill,

Thank for providing information on options we have around certificates. I think it will help everybody.

Regarding error 11, It seems to have gone away now. After my reinstalling and installing the app again. So I wouldn't think it was a big issue. If it appears again, I will create a separate thread.

Thanks again for your time and help.

Regards

Ankur

Answers (0)