cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Custom button not getting enabled

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All

I have a requirement where in I need to add a custom tab in the standard opportunity screen. I am trying to create a custom button in that screen that performs a BO Action on click. But once the On Click event is assigned, the button is always disabled despite the 'Enabled' property for the button being set to true.

Kindly suggest a solution to enable the custom button.

Thanks & Regards

Jagathshree.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Usually the button is disabled when there is no valid instance for the embedded component. Please check that you embedded component is loaded in the correct way

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Alessandro,

Thank you. I checked the binding and it looks good but despite that the button is disabled. I tried with other operations such as BOOperation, DataOperation and the button works fine. It is disabled if I use BOAction. I have also observed that this occurs not only in an EC screen but also when a custom button is assigned a BOAction in a screen created based on Object Based Navigation for a custom BO. Kindly advise.

Regards

Jagathshree.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Maybe the BOAction you are calling contains some wrong statements. Try to comment all the statements in your action and let me know.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Alessandro,

Thank you for the suggestion, I have tried as you said but it is still disabled.

I have posted my exact requirement in this thread.

I faced the above issue when I assigned a BOAction to the search button and tried to consume a web service through the Action. Any solution to this issue in the current thread or any alternative suggestion to the requirement in the above mentioned thread will be highly helpful.

Thanks & Regards

Jagathshree.

HorstSchaude
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hello Jagathshree,

Did you check if the BO disabled the action?

HTH,

Horst

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Horst,

Could you guide how to check that?

Regards

Jagathshree.

HorstSchaude
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hello Jagathshree,

Try calling the action during a modify eventing.

This call should notbe successful.

Bye,

Horst