cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Project Level Security

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

We have configured different projects on SAP information steward.

Few  of the business should have a  restricted access to a particular project  on information steward.

Please let me know how we can accomplish this .

Regards

Althaf

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

DayaJha
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Althaf,

Regarding your query, below is the details:

How can we setup roles for Information Steward?

The Central Management Console (CMC) manages security information, such as user accounts, group memberships, and object rights that define user and group privileges. When a user attempts an action on an Information Steward object, the CMC authorizes the action only after it verifies that the user's account or group membership has sufficient privileges.

Information Steward provides pre-defined user groups that have specific rights on objects unique to each module. These user groups enable you to grant rights to multiple users by adding the users to a group instead of modifying the rights for each user account individually. You also have the ability to create your own user groups.

Use SAP BusinessObjects Business Intelligence Platform or Information Platform Services (IPS or mini-BOE) security to create users and authorize user access to the objects and actions within the Information Steward modules:

• Data Insight
  • Metadata Management
  • Metapedia (under Metadata Management in the Central Management Console)
  • Cleansing Package Builder
  • Match Review

See the Information Steward Administrator Guide (chapter on Users and Group Management, Page number: 37) for more information.

Link:

http://help.sap.com/businessobject/product_guides/sboIS41/en/sbo41_is_admin_en.pdf

Thanks,

Daya

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you , for guiding me to the admin guide ..I read through it and configured it myself