Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Rework operation in configurable products

former_member184571
Participant
0 Kudos

Dear Experts ,

I need your expertise knowledge in Re-work scenario for configurable product.

I have a scenario where i have produced one configurable product which is lying in stock against specific customer.

Now at some point of time , i came to know that this product can be sold to some other customer with just change in the few variants like color and

Cylinder capacity. In this kind of scenario , to carry our re-work process my business wants to consume the stock lying against different customer in

stock ( hopefully customer delaying to get it delivered)  Is this the right approach..? Can i consume the configuarablke material stock and make few

changes and deliver to the customer..? Is this the right approah.

Need you expertise knowledge on impact of both Finance. Production.

Note : i have tested the scenario , system is allowing me to consume Stock of configuarable product ( For testing purpose i did transfer posting from customer stock to own stock by 411 E.

regards,

Daya

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member184571
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi experts,

Waiting for your inputs on this.

Regards,

Daya

0 Kudos

Hi Daya,

First remove customer stock to unrestricted stock by Transfer posting (MB1B) Mvt Type 311 /E

Then take this material in BOM component  for the Target material and customer.

Hope this suggestion will be helpfful for u.

Regards,

Sadan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Daya,

To understand myself the above scenario, I used the
example of Tined drinks/beers. The product beer is going to be the same for the
brands UB and Kingfisher, only the difference is brand sticker pasted over the
tin.

Now, the retailer of UB had placed some order and the
stock for them is produced as well and available at UB sales order stock. In
business perspective it is required to remove the UB sticker from tin and paste
the kingfisher stickers over it.

In the above structure, I hope there is no standard SAP transaction available for links in colour red(For dis-mantle and re-assembling). All the links in Green are available in standard SAP. If the scenario is often occuring, then it is good to have a custom program for this in the below mentioned way.

Step 1

The final product (UB Beer), to dismantled to beer and UB sticker (may be 132 and 262 - Consumption reversal), here it is possible to custom single level or multi level as well - The cost of dismantling also to be capture in a seperate cost center (may be a re-work cost center).

Step 2

Assemble the Beer and KF sticker (131 and 262) - Assembling cot needs to be captured in seperate cost center if required. Or for ex, if this stickering operation is defined as a seperate level of process, then this can be handled by cretaing a regular production order.

This dis-mantling custom program can be used for scrapping as well, for ex, the final product is rejected and needs to be scrapped for some reason, But some of its components are re-usable.

This dismantling and re-assembling is very often in breweries as there would be lot of promotions and discount sales will be going on and to push the produce stock it is required to go with the brands which is selling high in a particular season.

But it is good to go for custom program only if the dis-mantling and assembling is often in the business process. Other wise it is better to split the configured product into two process like

Process 1 - Until the configuration come into place, produce the product at this level in MTS scenario

Process 2 - Pick the MTS product and go either for ATO or STO scenario.

Let the community know any further inputs are required.   

Regards,

Chinna.

former_member184571
Participant
0 Kudos

HI Chinnaveer ,

Thanks for your reply/ valuable suggestion.

The process is quite irregular and not regular.

So have decided to carry out the process with Creating re-work order without material (CO07).

Now i have a question here , can i settle this re-work cost to New sales order for which i am re-working.

i tried creating re-work order , by assigning  category " SDI " and entered the relevant sales order number/line item as settlement receiver i am facing the following issue , could you please help me on this.

Settlement account assignment" not allowed (Sys. status NoMP, object VB0000015650000010)

Message no. BS051

Diagnosis

The status check for the status object VB0000015650000010 indicated that the procedure "Settlement account assignment" cannot be performed because Sys. status NoMP forbids it.

System Response

Procedure "Settlement account assignment" is not performed.

Procedure

If procedure "Settlement account assignment" is to be performed, the Sys. status NoMP of object VB0000015650000010 must be reset.

Other statuses than Sys. status NoMP can also prevent the procedure. This message does not tell you all statuses which currently prevent procedure "Settlement account assignment".

Could you please help me out with this.

Regards,

daya.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Daya,

On the first look of the message, I believe there is a status profile attached to the sales order line item and it is marked for “No MP”.

So could you please check the system status of the sales order line item in status tab and set it to the status which allows the settlement and re-try .

But, If you want to settle the re-work cost to the incoming sales order, then it is advisable to go for a regular reciept element (Production order - After running MRP), then include the rework as the last operation with required time and work center details. Then if you go for confirmation, I hope system will take care of the settlement of this re-work as well into the SO costing, incase if the previous operations are not required then it can be deleted from the production order.

Please get back to the comunnity in case any further queries. 

Regards,

Chinna.

former_member184571
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Chinnaveer ,

Thank you very much.

can you please share me your id . i cam explain my issue in detail .

Regards.

Daya

former_member209265
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Daya,

Request you not to share/ask mail IDs in forum. This is against engagement rule.

This is not to disappoint you .

Regards,

Krishnendu.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Daya,

Yes Krish is right, Could you please let the community know whether  your problem is solved or you are looking for some more inputs from the forum.

Regards,

Chinna.

former_member184571
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Chinna,

Issue is resolved.

I am closing this thread.

Regards,

Daya.