cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ESS WDA Benefits – Open Enrollment Elections Not Being Saved

0 Kudos

We recently moved to EhP6 (portal version 7.02), and I am trying to get Open Enrollment to work in the new ESS.  We have activated business function HCM_ESS_WDA_2.

We have always used BN Adjustment Reason “ONOV” to define our open enrollment period.  This not only allows us to control the dates of Open Enrollment but also allows us to control which plans show up in the portal during Open Enrollment.  I am aware of the Define Administrative Parameters in the IMG under Benefits=>Flexible Administration; however, when I turn this on, I don’t seem to have any control over which plans are presented in Open Enrollment.  In LPD_CUST, I have copied one of the delivered open enrollment apps and the only thing I’ve changed is the value of BEN_EVENT from “OPEN” to “ONOV” (application HRESS_A_BENEFITS_ENROLLMENT).  I have configured subtype “ONOV” in the IMG under Personnel Administration =>Contractual and Corporate Agreements=>Company Instructions, and my test user has an active IT0378/ONOV.  When I use my new link to go through open enrollment, IT0035 (terms & conditions) is presented but does not get saved, and any change that I do in open enrollment does not get saved.  Everything works fine through HRBEN0001 and our old ESS.  What am I missing?  When I use the delivered open enrollment app in LPD_CUST, everything gets saved but there are more plans presented than what we want during Open Enrollment.  I have
also configured the BN Adjustment Reason “OPEN” exactly like “ONOV” to try to control the plans being offered, but SAP seems to ignore my config.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

0 Kudos

Here's the solution:  our ESS role didn't have WRITE access to IT0035, subtype "ONOV" to save the Terms & Conditions.  This is not only why it wasn't saving IT0035, but also was not allowing us to save any plan changes.  Once this was fixed, everything worked as expected.

Answers (0)