cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Webi 3.1 - Making Webi Prompts appear on top of the Universe Prompts

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have a report which uses some of the objects that are coded with @Prompt code  ( CPrmp1, FPrmp2, APrmp3 ...) at the universe level as well as some of the Webi prompts like a dimension Name is dragged into the query filter and is of type prompt.

When the report is run the prompts appear in the below order -

APrmp3

CPrmp1

FPrmp2

Name        ( --- > Webi report filter  )

Also as above the universe level prompts appear in the alphabetically order, but I do not want them to appear in aplhabetically order.

I want the Name filter to appear first and then all the Universe level prompts below it in the below order -

Name

CPrmp1

FPrmp2

APrmp3

Any inputs are appreciated

Also when the report is open in the web mode i.e html, how can I make the Prompts appear on the left tab, like the Input Controls. I can see the Prompt on the left tab, but if opened on a collegues IE it does not appear and we have to select the Prompt option at the bottom from among the various options. So its there anyy specific setting, I am missing here .

Thanks for the input's.

Dipti

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member203850
Contributor
0 Kudos

Question 1: Universe and Report level Prompts ordering  :

Create two different query in report (Duplicate the existing query)

1. Add report level prompt in query 1

2. And add universe level prompts in query 2 to achieve above requirement.

Question 2: Working as per the designed. We can't change the prompts display/appearance in report.

Please check .

Regards,

Pranay

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member207878
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Dipti,

You can use User:N as 8th parameter while defining prompt in Universe level, like below statement:

@prompt('Select Year','A',Mono, free, persistent,,User:0)

@prompt('Enter Country','A','Resort\City',Mono,Free,Persistent,,User:1)

Try this and let us know if you face any issues.

Cheers,

Sahil

former_member203850
Contributor
0 Kudos

HI Sahil  ,

User:N is applicable only for  universe level prompts not for Report level prompt and her requirement if ordering of both level prompts.

Please correct me if i am wrong.

For Universe level ordering we can apply either User:N or ordering of universe level prompts at the report end. (Properties section)

Regards,

Pranay

former_member207878
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Yes Prasun, this is for Universe level prompt. But if she wants to sort report level prompt as well, then instead of duplicating a data provider, She can write Prompt as :

"1. APrmp3"

"2. CPrmp1"

"3. FPrmp2"

"4. Name"        ( --- > Webi report filter  )

which will be less time consuming as compare to duplicating a data provider and by adding 1,2,3 and 4 followed by prompt name, it will automatically sort the prompt values.

Cheers

Sahil

former_member203850
Contributor
0 Kudos

Let meexplain you whole scenario.:

Refer below snapshot:

Here i placed report level prompt at the top.

And once you run this report:

Ordering has been changed in the report because always  it will take universe prompts first and then report level prompt.

Resolution : As i meantioned earlier , create two different query in the report.

Regards,

Pranay

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Pranay !!! I tested your solution of creating two queries and it does help my problem. Thanks for the idea, it works.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sahil,

Also the above idea of writing a prompt as "1. Aprmp3"... does work and is much simple solution, but our users dont want to see the numbering in the prompts. But this is a neat solution.

Thanks !!!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Pranay,

I agree with you that Universe level prompts are displayed first and then the report level prompts. But when working on SAP BO 4.0 when I dragged a universe level prompt and a report level prompt and i refreshed the report the report level prompt was displayed first.The text for the Universe level prompt is W1 an the text for the report level prompt is S1.Both the prompts are mandatory.

Please can you tell me the reason behind this.

Are they getting sorted alphabetically.

Thanks,

Riddhi