cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Configurable Code-list not Extendable in Fine-Tuning.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

I am facing some problems while changing the values in Code-list while using fine tuning process in Configuration. I have created three code-lists and then being added to configuration using BAC.

In this BAC I have created one business Topic and three separate business options. Each business option is linked with each bcc (business Configuration Set).

Now when I go to and “Edit project scope” I am able to get the code list on my UI using extension fields and values are there too. But the problem I am facing is that in “Open Activity list” when I open the Business Options NOT all the options are opening properly.

Although I have got some of them opening fine and let me make changes while others are showing errors.

Any Advice Please.

Many thanks in Advance.

Regards

Asad

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts

It seems strange but when I leave this solution and Configuration for overnight the Problem seems to go away.

I am not sure if its NORMAL? but it has happened to me couple of time that NEW added BC views are appearing as in above Image but next day they are fine.????

There is another problem to this issue when I try to extend the code-lists it is not behaving consistent.

In some cases I am able to extend it but with others It gives me an option from same List of VALUES?

Regards

Asad

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi, the first problem is normal. In the night there is a background job that adjust the BC.

For the second issue I really don't know, its very strange. Did you try to regenerate the view?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Alessandro

Yes I guessed about first issue as well as it happened twice and I have spent lot of time sorting it before. Should have come to community earlier. Thanks for that.

As for second issue I am not sure what exactly you mean?

Regenerating from BCO? or in Fine-tuning.

regards

Asad

Former Member
0 Kudos

I mean regenerating from the BCO, check also that the BCC is extendable in fine tuning (there is a flag in the business configuration set)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes i have regenerated now and still the same problem is there.

Yes the flag has been selected in the BC SET.

in Fine tuning there is slight difference in BOTH BC views.

One with normal behavior only shows the code in code list while the one with Issues/Problems is showing code & Description in same CODE column while some Times it does show only code though?? 

Any guess here?

Regards

Asad

Former Member
0 Kudos

Is the BCO structure exactly the same?

If yes raise an incident to  SAP, maybe something was wrong during the BCO generation.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Alessandro

My Problem is solved and it was strange issue though. Some how the BC vies were not generated consistently. Some of were showing Code in Properties section in "CCTS Information" it will show me the Code value and not the TEXT type which how it should be.

Check the following images.

So by re-generating all the views again and assigning them to Configuration WCV it works fine now. Problem sorted.

thank you for your guidance as always.

regards

Aasd

Former Member
0 Kudos

Great! You are welcome