Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Reduction Rules after 1 month of Unpaid Absence

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Friends,

I'm looking for a solution for the below issue:

The issue : Annual Leave is based on accrual method and Time Unit is "Hours". . This leave quota should not get accrued when an unpaid leave is applied for >=1 month.

My Config is as follows:

1. Accrual Period is - Daily

2. Transferred to Quota - by end of Time Evaluation period.

Reduction Rule config:

------------------------------

Reference Period : Accrual Period

To Percentage : No Reduction

From Percentage : Proportionate reduction

Reduction indicator for Unpaid Absence : Ticked.. Now, the problem is - when I specify 30 days in Min. field, still system is generating Annual Quota..

Not able to understand where I missed the config.. I tried changing Accrual period to monthly, but still it didnt work. Can any one help me please?

Thanks,

Geetika

jagan_gunja
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You may need a custom operation to handle the business requirements.

Discuss with HR department or Subject Matter Expert/s about the requirements with different scenarios
e.g. leave periods in a year (calendar year or payroll year, etc).

A change may also be date-delimited; a PCR would be able to handle this

Document the requirements in business English (not tech jargon) and get it signed off by HR.

Analyse/design/specify a custom operation with if then else type of code; logic diagrams would help to ensure the design is correct as per requirements.A programmer would also understand it.

Discuss the spec’s with an ABAP’er and follow up with the code to ensure it satisfies the design.The programmer may also help you to correct the design.

Test the code well with test scenarios/data. Even a destructive test may help in the initial tests; but this would not be required for a system test or user test.You may involve user in initial tests.If there are any issues, the design / code or both may need correction.

After a satisfactory test, developer, then functional change transports can be moved to Test client.Test again in this client.get user area to test.

After the user area accepts the changes, the transports can be moved to production client.Test retrospectively the problem cases and ensure the solution is correct.

Monitor the full cycle processing for a couple of pay periods, to ensure the correctness of the solution.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (14)

Answers (14)

0 Kudos

Hi Geetika, did you end up getting the answer for your above question ? I am in the same situation as yours. If you got the solution can you please share ?

OwenLiu
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Thanks for coming to SAP Community for answers. Please post your question as a new question here:

https://answers.sap.com/questions/ask.htmlSince you're new in asking questions here, check out our tutorial about asking and answering questions (if you haven't already), as it provides tips for preparing questions more effectively, that draw responses from our members. Please note, that your post here won't be answered.

venkateshorusu
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

As you communicated Base entitlement is 190 Hrs so

Every day accural is 0.52055

Transfer time is by end of time evaluation period

I.e quota accural 15.6165 hours have to be generated on every month end(Monthly 15.6165 hours quota we are generating each day it is 0.52555).

As per my 1st example employee is absent for one month but next 11 months in a year whether he is eligible for quota or not.?

(Each month 15.6165 per each day 0.52055*30)

Regards

Venkatesh

venkateshorusu
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

The reduction will happened after 30 days absence only but the query is

1) 01.01.2014 - 30.01.2014  absent 30 days absent is there which means we have to reduce the quota 31.01.2014 to 31.12.2014 i.e the moment when he absent for 30 days there is no quota accural for the period 31.01.2014 to 31.12.2014 is it correct.?

2) Employee is absent for 30 days in a year randomly i.e 01.01.2014 to 15.01.2014 and ,01.02.2014 to 15.02.2014 still quota has to reduce.?

Regards

Venkatesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

The reduction should happen only after 30days of continuous absence. In your 2nd example, as the employee is on leave only for 15days, no deduction will happen..

Sorry, I didnt understand your first query.

Thanks,

Geetika

venkateshorusu
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Whether your issue is resolved or not.

If solved you can close the thread.

Regards

Venkatesh

venkateshorusu
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You can write a PCR for quota accural as they required 190 hours/ 365 days you can stop the accural if employee is absent for 30 days but the main thing is you have to count the 30 days  continuous absent record, Here is one query whether continuous 30 days absent in a year or randomly 30 days absent in a year .?

Regards

Venkatesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

NO. The reduction should start after 1 month (or) 167.32 hours of continuous unpaid absence.. Which means, first 30 days of continuous unpaid absence should still acrrue Quotas and balance unpaid days should reduce the quota.

Thanks,

Geetika

vianshu
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Geeta,

I doubt if you will be able to achieve this using standard because you need to check if the unpaid leave has been applied for a month or more right at the beginning.

Also, you are using daily accrual and hence, it won't be possible. Even with Monthly accrual, your requirement may not get met by standard because your unpaid leave can start in one month and continue in another month.

This is as far as my understanding goes. May be you can discuss with client about re-looking at the process.

Thanks and regards,

Vivek Barnwal

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vivek,

Yes. I tested this and system is working only when accrual is set to "yearly" either by calendar year or by anniversary periods and by adding 30days in Min. fields at reduction indicator for absences. changing my config will perfectly work fine for this case, but client doesn't want to switch to annual accrual for Quota.. This is the problem now..

Any other ways to achieve this functionality?

Thanks,

Geetika

venkateshorusu
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

What is the exact requirement depend on requirement you can use reduction rules or custom PCR etc.

Regards

Venkatesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

The requirement is :

Annual Leave should stop accrual after 1 month of 'Unpaid Absence"..

Annual leave config is set to "DAY" accrual & transfer time set to "end of time evaluation period".. With the current config, I dont see it is possible to achieve the functionality..

Do you have any idea as how do I write the custom PCR to achieve this?

Regards,

Geetika

venkateshorusu
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Whether it is working or not.?

Regards

Venkatesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Sorry for the delayed reply. Changing 100% doesn't work out.

However, I noticed that reducing Quota by % factor of absences & specifying range of absence days for quota reduction a2e 2 different functionalities totally. I'm working on it currently and will update the group shortly.

Thanks,

Geetika

venkateshorusu
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

can you change it to 100% will check it once.

Regards

Venkatesh

venkateshorusu
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Change the reduction rule To percentage to Proportionate reduction and maintain the percentage of inactive calendar days as 100%.

Regards

Venkatesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

For the test purpose - I gave 10% as "Pct.of Inactive calendar days".

Absence Record :

Quota Accruals :

System stopped accruing for the first 10days (in which is recorded), and started accruing from 11.07.2014 again.

How do I understand to mention the percentage ratio for 30 calendar days absence?

Thanks,

Geeta    

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

It is continuous period of 30 days of unpaid absence.. Here is the screenshot of base entitlement:

As per your advice,  I set the unit as K and ran PT60 again, but still Quota is generating after 1 month of Unpaid Absence.

Regards,

Geetika

venkateshorusu
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

i understand the scenario but there are some concerns can you paste your base entitlement screen shot.?

30 absence days means continuous 30 days or entire period 30 absence days.?

Further more in table V_T554S change unit as K and test it whether reduction rule is working or not if it is working we will go further according to requirement.

Regards

Venkatesh

venkateshorusu
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

As suggested check the counting rule and how much quota has been generated i.e as per employee entitlement or any reduction happened while generating quota.?

check whether applied absence is unpaid absence or not.?

Regards

Venkatesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Venkatesh,

Annual Leave Quota is  generated based on daily accrual. Employee is entitled for 190hours of Annual Leave per calendar year and system accrues 0.52055 hours on daily basis and transferring to IT2006 by end of the month.

I noticed reduction of Quota has not happened while Quota is generated. Based on my understanding, the reduction rule works based on calendar days within the accrual period.

The unpaid absence is measured based on calendar days.. For Ex: If I apply for 60 days of Unpaid absence from 01.07.2014 to 29.08.2014..

- Unpaid absence in working days = 44

- Unpaid absence in calendar days = 60..

The expectation from the client is once 30 days are crossed, system should stop accruing the leave for the employee.. How do I achieve this?

Thanks,

Geetika

Former Member
0 Kudos

My guess is that though you have booked 30 days leave the counting rule may have counted lesser days maybe due to off days or holidays. Can you check that?

Pramod

sikindar_a
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You have not said whether you are going with time evaluation and no time evaluation

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sikandar,

We are using Time Evaluation. I have mentioned it in my query above. Please help.

Thanks in advance,

Geetika