cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Managed system Configuration : The JMX metrics of this Host / Byte Code Adapter are missing

khampariamukesh
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Friends

While Configuring EP system with SOLMAN 7.1 SP12 it is giving below message in self Diagnosis Phase.

1. Solman system is already having ISAGENT version 8 and 9 installed (but Managed system is having 😎

2. I have followed the automatic Process as below

==========================================

Automated Installation of the Introscope Agent via SMD

The Solution Manager provides an application that performs the setup of the Introscope

byte code agent for Java automatically. This section explains the steps to run the setup.

Before you can run the Introscope agent setup, the setup wizard for the managed system

must have been executed.

4. Launch the Introscope Setup application: SAP Solution Manager Configuration 

Managed Systems Configuration  Step 7 Configure Automatically  Automatic

Activity “Byte Code Adapter Installation”  “Open Java URL” (only available in edit

mode). Your screen will look similar to the image below:

5. Check the Enterprise Manager Settings at the top of the screen. These are the

connection parameters that will be used by the agent to connect to the Enterprise

Manager.

6. In the pane Introscope Agent Setttings, select the system that you want to instrument

with the agent. Check “select all” and click “Retrieve Current Settings”. This will display

the current status of the agent setup.

7. To initially setup or update the agents, click Setup Introscope Agent …. This will open

the setup dialog as shown below. Select the desired agent version (by default only one

available) and choose the profile. Next, check the desired instrumentation areas, and,

in the case of AIX, review the AIX settings to match your environment (J9 or classic

mode).

8. Finally, hit Apply to perform the necessary changes in the agent configuration. Agent

config files will be adapted and the Java VM parameters will be set as required for the

managed system.

================================================================

3. Restarted SAP but error still present.

Please help to resolve the issue.

Thanks

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

khampariamukesh
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Found the solution :

1819577 - Workload Analysis data missing for Java systems when using ISAGENT 8.2.4.0

Cause

l This issue has been identified as product defect and documented in note 1273028

Resolution

l As mentioned in note 1273028, update to ISAGENT 8.2.4 Patch 1 timestamp: 2012-06-26, please proceed as described below)

1. Enable the Maintenance Mode in the Agent Administration UI (http://solmanserver:port/smd/AgentAdmin)

2. Deploy the file to the Solution Manager JAVA stack using the Software Deployment Manager (SDM)

3. Disable the Maintenance Mode in the Agent Administration

4. Execute again the activity 'Byte Code Adapter Installation' of the step 'Configure Automatically' in the 'Managed System Configuration' for the

affected systems. This activity will deploy the new version of the

Introscope JAVA agent in the managed system servers and reconfigure the JVM parameters to use the new version of Introscope JAVA

Agent;

5. Check from Introscope Agent Admin if "IS Agent State" contains value "Running but needs restart"

6. Restart the affected managed system(s)

Finally Solution is update your SOLMAN system patch ISAGENT 8.2.4.0 from patch 0 to 1 via SDM.

Thanks

Mukesh

Matt_Fraser
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Thank you for detailing your solution to this. I've been struggling with this exact issue all afternoon, and yes, I am missing the patch 1 for agent v8.2.4.

Regards,

Matt

khampariamukesh
Active Participant
0 Kudos

good to hear that I was helpful for you Enjoy helping other as well

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

patelyogesh
Active Contributor
0 Kudos
divyanshu_srivastava3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Mukesh,

What is you LMservice SP and patch level.

If not latest then,

Update LMservice patch

• Remove ALL ISAgents parameters from the Managed System Server nodes using ConfigTool.
  • Delete the ByteCodeAdapter folder that has been deployed in the affected host.
  • usr\sap\DAA\SMDA<InstNum>\SMDAgent\applications.config\com.sap.smd.agent.application.wily\BytecodeAgent\ISAGENT<version>
  • Run autoconfig the 'Byte Code Adapter Installation' for the affected system again.
  • Restart the affected Managed System

Regards,

khampariamukesh
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

LMService Patch is very latest in SOLMAN.

sap.com  LM-SERVICE  7.10 SP12 (1000.7.10.12.0.20140619050400)  SAP AG  SAP AG  20140819114145

Instead of deleting I have reexecuted the steps many times bu now luck.

I doubts deleting the parameter may create other issue.

Also if SOLMAN agent is at level 9 then how managed system is in 8 ..  (manged system - NW 7.02)

Any other suggestion please?

Thanks

Mukesh

divyanshu_srivastava3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos
I doubts deleting the parameter may create other issue.

That won't ..!! If you want you can take a backup of those setting because after running auto config, this will be back and on restart, they will be reflected.

khampariamukesh
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Divyanshu, Thanks for your Suggestion, today I found the SNOTE which state the same as you suggested.

This is same to my problem, let's see if this resolve my issue.

1796399 - Few metrics are being reported for node 'SAP Netweaver' in wily due to error "AutoProbe wi...

Now I am working on below point (struggling)

Remove ALL ISAgents parameters from the Managed System Server nodes using ConfigTool.

I will really appreciate your help champ. Keep helping

Thanks

Mukesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

very useful! Thank you