Managed system Configuration : The JMX metrics of this Host / Byte Code Adapter are missing
While Configuring EP system with SOLMAN 7.1 SP12 it is giving below message in self Diagnosis Phase.
1. Solman system is already having ISAGENT version 8 and 9 installed (but Managed system is having 8)
2. I have followed the automatic Process as below
Automated Installation of the Introscope Agent via SMD
The Solution Manager provides an application that performs the setup of the Introscope
byte code agent for Java automatically. This section explains the steps to run the setup.
Before you can run the Introscope agent setup, the setup wizard for the managed system
must have been executed.
4. Launch the Introscope Setup application: SAP Solution Manager Configuration
Managed Systems Configuration Step 7 Configure Automatically Automatic
Activity “Byte Code Adapter Installation” “Open Java URL” (only available in edit
mode). Your screen will look similar to the image below:
5. Check the Enterprise Manager Settings at the top of the screen. These are the
connection parameters that will be used by the agent to connect to the Enterprise
6. In the pane Introscope Agent Setttings, select the system that you want to instrument
with the agent. Check “select all” and click “Retrieve Current Settings”. This will display
the current status of the agent setup.
7. To initially setup or update the agents, click Setup Introscope Agent …. This will open
the setup dialog as shown below. Select the desired agent version (by default only one
available) and choose the profile. Next, check the desired instrumentation areas, and,
in the case of AIX, review the AIX settings to match your environment (J9 or classic
8. Finally, hit Apply to perform the necessary changes in the agent configuration. Agent
config files will be adapted and the Java VM parameters will be set as required for the
3. Restarted SAP but error still present.
Please help to resolve the issue.
Found the solution :
1819577 - Workload Analysis data missing for Java systems when using ISAGENT 184.108.40.206
l This issue has been identified as product defect and documented in note 1273028
l As mentioned in note 1273028, update to ISAGENT 8.2.4 Patch 1 timestamp: 2012-06-26, please proceed as described below)
1. Enable the Maintenance Mode in the Agent Administration UI (http://solmanserver:port/smd/AgentAdmin)
2. Deploy the file to the Solution Manager JAVA stack using the Software Deployment Manager (SDM)
3. Disable the Maintenance Mode in the Agent Administration
4. Execute again the activity 'Byte Code Adapter Installation' of the step 'Configure Automatically' in the 'Managed System Configuration' for the
affected systems. This activity will deploy the new version of the
Introscope JAVA agent in the managed system servers and reconfigure the JVM parameters to use the new version of Introscope JAVA
5. Check from Introscope Agent Admin if "IS Agent State" contains value "Running but needs restart"
6. Restart the affected managed system(s)
Finally Solution is update your SOLMAN system patch ISAGENT 220.127.116.11 from patch 0 to 1 via SDM.