Skip to Content

Archived discussions are read-only. Learn more about SAP Q&A

How to use SOFM object for attachments , please give me detailed approach.

Hello all,

Please advice me how to use SOFM object for attachments.

I verified certain sdn threads wher they are attaching a adobe form but did not understand the procedure.

Please let me know the underlying logic of this SOFM object and steps to create an attachment.'

Thanks in advance.

Cheers

Prasad CH.

replied

Hi Prasad

SOFM is a business object which represents a "Document" at runtime within the SAP System.This document can be a .PDF or >TXT or .DOC ... and so on.

SAP Has to save it and hence there are some base document tables associated with it. You can check the definition of the keys of SOFM.

In order to read, display, etc - SOFM has a few methods you can use.

You will NOT find anything on SCN which will discet SOFM for you. Best is to look in SWO1 and check every attribute and Method and see what it does.

If I were you, I would look at the workflow steps, check out what they are doing with the SOFM Business Object at each stage ... that is, how is the code written to change it...etc, when it is getting attached (Bound) to a step, why... and so on

To send via email, all you go to do is Bind this BO Instance from the workflow to the Mail step in "ATTACHMENTS" container element of the mail step.

Regards,

Modak

0 View this answer in context

Helpful Answer

by
Not what you were looking for? View more on this topic or Ask a question